X

Dyno Day Results...56K beware

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Day Results...56K beware

Went to a charity Dyno day put on by one of the Honda shops, it was $20 for 4 runs, so figured it'd be good to see what the Kat is doing and a friend of mine wanted to get his Buell checked out. The weather was kinda iffy so unfortunately lots of people cancelled, but some cool bikes still showed up. When i got there there was a CBR1000 finishing it's run and a CBR600F3 going up. Didn't get the numbers from the 1000, but the F3 did 99HP. The owner was saying the mapp on it was for a Yosh full system, but it wasn't on the bike to do a crash at a race day.

So finally it was my turn,

and the results were 69.4 HP, 34.9ft/lbs. I'm pretty happy with those numbers. The tech running the dyno thinks i might have an ignition problem and thusly the squiggly-ness of the lines. The Buell scored 74 HP, but 60ft/lbs of torque. It was quite a challenge for them to find an ignition lead to get RPM information on the Buell. There was also an R1 with a kit to look like Rossi's, he got 147HP! It was a pretty fun time, some nice bikes and i got some information.

Onto the Pictures

2001 Katana 600
    1998 Jeep TJ 4.0
    2005 Subaru Impreza STi

For a post 98 that's good!

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
      I think some works been done to the bike before i got it

It does have 30,000 miles on it. I'm pretty happy with the results.
      2001 Katana 600
      1998 Jeep TJ 4.0
      2005 Subaru Impreza STi

Comment

Great pics..sounds like it was a good time and good learning experience!

Comment

Awsome, pics!!!!!!! HEY Matt (WildKat) You should do a Dyno day!
          KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

I love dyno days. Havent had the Max on the dyno yet, I went to one dyno day with it but the machine broke!

Nice pics, looks like fun
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

That fuel-air mixture ratio running down that low would have me very concerned (it sank down under 10:1, definitely plug-fouling time) -- it's definitely not tuned right and your mix is going way, way too rich coming off idle.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

my first dyno run was 74.3 !

tim

Comment

Isn't your jetted though Tim? And is that a laugh in mocking?

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    That fuel-air mixture ratio running down that low would have me very concerned (it sank down under 10:1, definitely plug-fouling time) -- it's definitely not tuned right and your mix is going way, way too rich coming off idle.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Yeah dude , that's ALL over the place . Doesn't it seem to run kinda funny to you ?
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Isn't your jetted though Tim? And is that a laugh in mocking?
                      as in my bike got more HP than yours. ( all dyno's run a little different ) just joking though. As it's mostly rider. i was talking with a guy ( manager of a bike shop ) that rides a gsx-r 750 - and as he said - he can't hang with me.

yes, jetted & header ( but was running rich up top ) - ive made some adjustment & would like to get the time to re-run it. some day.

tim

Comment

Working...
                      X