No announcement yet.
X

98+ Kat 600 said "Best Commuter" in Bike UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Katana was been written up in Performance Bike a while back and they basically said the same thing. Great bike for the money, bullet proof etc etc.

When you get down to it the only ones who really dog the Katana is other riders from what I've heard.
    Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by kanventure
      Just what Katana did this 'mag' look at? Must've been owned by a squid who didn't ride it.
      The same one they shot the pictures of. You have to remember that the magazine is primarily targetted at the UK, which has wet weather much of the year, salted roads through the winter and lots of snow... plus it's common that houses don't have multi-car garages, so bikes often get stowwed outside in a garden shed over the winter. I know we don't get problems like that in Florida, unless you live within a few hundred yards of salt water.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The corrosion I was referring to was the corrosion that developed BY THE TIME I MADE IT HOME while out on a ride. Rode through some salty road and it was like instant corrosion. But, that's what happens when you go for a ride in February, head up a mountain, and trek through snow...
        -Steve

Comment

Something else. I go thru the lists of bikes people have owned and more often than not, there is a Katana on that list. And they almost always say something like"...loved the bike, but needed more power." Or "...great learning bike but wanted more power.".

Lots of people in the Katana Admiration Society, me included! Now the mags are easing onboard, though from this article, somewhat reluctantly.
          My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

The article tears down more than build up, but the local dealer here can't keep them in stock. So, there's something very good about them.
            Black and grey 2006 BUSA

Comment

So are they ragging on the fact that we take care of our bikes and those who own the "typical" sport bike trash theirs or something? AND we're stupid?

"bought it new, paid full list price...washes it every Sunday, does 3000 miles a year and has it serviced every six months regardless, keeps spaniels.."

I fit almost all of that except the paid full price from the dealer.
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Working...
              X