Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

Always lock your steering when you park?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always lock your steering when you park?

Are you in the habit of locking your steering everytime you park your bike?

No matter where I am at, no matter what, I always lock it. Just gotta make sure you dont go 1 click too far turning the key and leave ur parking lights on !
    Yes, all the time, everytime
    42.86%
    Only if the bike will be sitting out in a parking lot or parking garage
    28.57%
    I usually do, but sometimes I forget
    0.00%
    Nope, I don't bother with it
    14.29%
    Don't have that option
    14.29%

Locked, in gear, and pointed uphill. I do everything possible to keep it on that kickstand...

/kiba
    find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

always locked and loaded baby.

Comment

Not "everytime", I mean, not when it's in my own garage. If it's parked in public, then it's locked.
        Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

and as pointed out in a recent other thread, always always, give ur kick stand a double touch w/ ur foot to make sure its fully engaged.

Once when I was at work, I had locked the bike up and parked it like usual, and I workon the 3rd floor and I noticed or thought I did anyways, that my parking light was on in the front, it had been about 4 hours since I got to work. So I went down to the parking garage only to find that it was the glare from the sun that made it look like I had turned the key 1 too many clicks after locking the steering

Comment

When I'm out and I usually don't have to park it until I'm home. Usually the Kat is nice and snug in my garage with all the doors and windows locked so I'm not really that worried. But if I'm taking it to the store or even last night when I stopped off to see my cousin, I lock it. Just to be safe.
            KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Locked every time.
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

lock the darn thing, it is a deterant.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I never lock the stearing. No good excuse,Just don't.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Always steering lock. Disc lock while in shed or anywhere else overnight. Usually if I am going to be out of sight of the bike for a few minutes, I just disc lock it for piece of mind. It only takes a few seconds.

Comment

Locked everytime, even in my garage. Just habit.

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

Re: Always lock your steering when you park?

Originally posted by WildKat
                        Are you in the habit of locking your steering everytime you park your bike?

No matter where I am at, no matter what, I always lock it. Just gotta make sure you dont go 1 click too far turning the key and leave ur parking lights on !
                        I did this last night I didn't even know about the park position. Jimmy and I went to a bike night downtown. I backed in, turned the bars and locked it. then I noticed the tailight was still on. I'm like wtf? I;m grabbing the brakes and looking over the bike when a guy says "you've got the switch in park" I felt like such a dumb arse

Comment

Yep, every single time. I live in an apartment complex now, and have to leave the bike parked in the open. It's a designated spot that is far away from the cages... I got into the habit of using the steering lock, then twisting one more time to the parking light, then back again to the steering lock just to make sure I don't leave that bad boy on and drain the battery...
                          2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

I lock it everytime I park. Once I turned the key too much and had the parking lights on (didn't realize it because it was still light out) and went inside for an hour. I was scared I drained the battery and was gonna be stuck but the bike started right up. Newbie mistake I guess.
                            Submariners do it deeper

Comment

Originally posted by katmanblu
                              Locked everytime, even in my garage. Just habit.
                              +1
                              That's the extent of my security (no alarms or other locks). But, I very rarely leave it parked anywhere outside, other than at work, and I work in a fairly secure location (only personnel that are badged have access to the Space Center).
                              01000010 01101001 01101100 01101100 01111001 01000010 01100001 01100100 01000001 01110011 01110011

Comment

Working...
                              X