X

who's fault????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's fault????

I really need some help. An hour ago, I parked my Kat in a grocery store parking lot. As I am walking into the store, I hear my Kat crash into the ground. After a few attempts, I get it back up. I had no idea why it fell. The front left fairing took some major damage. I drove the bike home still confused on why it fell.

I think I know the reason. The bolt holding the kickstand appears lose. The kickstand has play in it. If that is the case, would that be something covered under the waranty? Please give me some advise.

My bike is an 05'. I have had it for 5 months.

the kickstand wasn't put down all the way maybe......and it rolled off the front...... :-k

well, that's what they'll say anyway.

Comment

Call Suzuki America and them to start an investigation into the matter. If the bolt is indeed loose, then they may well cover the damages, especially if the word NTSHA recall gets into it.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I am even more confused. There is play in the kickstand but it is not because anything is lose. Maybe the play is due to the fall. When I rest the bike on the kickstand, it slides outward about an inch. Now I am to nervous to let is stand.

The dealer said the waranty would not cover this. Just the fron left decal is $112. That hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by bwink
          When I rest the bike on the kickstand, it slides outward about an inch.
          is that just the extra it goes out to make sure it is down all the way, or is it in addition to that.....i always kick mine out after I put the bike down to make sure it is all the way down.....sometimes it slides out another 1" or so because it wasnt out all the way.......

Comment

Did it sink into the asphalt? I've seen that happen before. Ask anyone that was at the rescent KR rally at The Gap. We all had to put pieces of wood under our kickstands.

Comment

You didn't leave it in neutral did you?
              Kyle

Comment

Man, i'm going outside right now to check my kickstand.
                Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

see Woobies reply.

Comment

sounds like the same problem i had. I left the bike in neutral.
                    "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

Comment

Its definately normal to have the stand move out an inch or so. Makes u alittle nervous, but it helps keep it balanced and not standing so straight up when its parked.

Comment

Heres what i always do (i'm sure you'll feel better after trying this). After you get off the bike and set the side stand, while standing beside the bike place your left foot behind the stand and push the bike backwards. that way you know for sure that your stands set all the way and its not gonna kick back up. I actually have a habit of leaning the bike more to my left (making sure i got more weight on the left side where the bikes suppose to be leaning anyway) while i push back that i always leave a mark on the ground where the stand scrapes the cement. and always, always have it in gear not neutral so theres no accidental roll over.
                        PAUL
                        93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I am guilty of having the bike in neutral. I never leave it in gear. I just learned something the hard way.

Comment

+1. I always give a little rearward tug after I get it on the kickstand.

Comment

Originally posted by bwink
                              I am guilty of having the bike in neutral. I never leave it in gear. I just learned something the hard way.
                              expensive lesson to learn...but now you know....always in gear when on the kickstand. Sorry to hear about the bad luck.
                              Although the horror stories you guys have with loose sloppy kickstands makes me feel good about mine. You might want to keep an eye on ebay for one off an 1100 cuz it is solid and no slop in it. I have never had an issue with mine.
                              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X