X

So some Einstein in the Floyd Co. Indiana government.../rant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So some Einstein in the Floyd Co. Indiana government.../rant

Decided to cover the ENTIRE emergency lane (both sides of the road) with very small pea-gravel. Strategicly placed around the point where the speed limit goes to 55mph, and continues to the end of the county line, about 8 miles down the road. They must have done it some time early today since I didn't notice it on my way in to work yesterday. I looked on my way home, and it's already starting to creep out onto the roadway about 6" or so. Even though they will never admit it, I'll bet it was placed there on purpose to try and slow the bikes down on that road, but that's cheating! If they really want us to slow down, they should get off their fat azz and patrol out there instead of hanging out at the gas stations in town drinking free coffee and flirting with the night workers. That's my opinion on it anyway.....

You should complain to the appropriate department immediately, because that stuff is a killer. Late at night, it can look like pavement, and a biker deciding to stop on the emergency lane will probably go down.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      You should complain to the appropriate department immediately, because that stuff is a killer. Late at night, it can look like pavement, and a biker deciding to stop on the emergency lane will probably go down.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      yup....i agree. i think that it is pure bs that any roads dept would use anything that could endanger the lives of motorcyclists in the name of slowing them down. they would never get away with that here.....and would never try anyway. the same government that is responsible for the roads is also responsible for injuries sustained in any accidents...so it is not likely to happen here. you should take pictures and complain to whoever. if no one will listen, send your concern to the press. this way if an accident does happen, they will write the story up that motorcyclist expressed their concern of the danger before the accident.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        What dept. do you tihnk I should go to? The local govt. here is kind of shady and I worry about going to them. I'll take pics tomorrow if I can and post them for you guys to see.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRacer61
          What dept. do you tihnk I should go to? The local govt. here is kind of shady and I worry about going to them. I'll take pics tomorrow if I can and post them for you guys to see.
          Different areas give it different names:
          Civil engineering department
          Roads department
          Transportation department.

I'd call the mayor's office (or county commissioners if it's county) to start with -- any secretary there should be able to refer you to the right department and should also be happy to carry the concerns into the boss.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll let you guys know what happens....

Comment

Yeah, that sounds like a catastrophy waiting to happen. Make that call!!

Comment

What was the outfit Jimmy (highsite) used to work for ? It was something to do with hazardous junk on roads and stuff , I believe . Sounds like this might fall inot that catergory , though ...
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Here the dept is called streets and roads... at the state level it is the dept of transportation i think.
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Most of the roads where I live are for the most part, pretty clean. Unless you get into an area where there is construction, or some of the backroads that are all woodsy. But most of them are clean. Of COURSE this is PA, so if you ever ride through here, still take some precaution. Our roads SUCK!
                    KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

They should take this matter very seriously. If you complain about it and then there's an accident when they don't fix it, they're in deep doo doo. Pittsburgh has a number you can call to report potholes and they'll go out and fix them right away.

Comment

Ok, So I call the Indiana State Highway Dept. and describe my concerns to them. The lady on the phone was less than helpful, and pretty much told me to go away. I then replied, "Well, I'll just call WLKY and tell them about it so they can give you guys an even worse name than you already have." *click*

SUPRISE!!!! The next day on my way to work, they had a truck with a rotating brush on the front of it pushing the loose gravel off the street and away from the edge of the road. /satisfaction is teh awsome!

Comment

Where was this at? I live in Floyd County, up in Floyds Knobs. Don't hit I64 a lot, but would like to know.

Where in Louisville you live?
                          > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                          97 Mustang GT
                          95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

I'm actually in New Albany. This was on 111 on the way to Caesars. You can see where they brushed back the gravel a bit now. All the loose stuff that wasn't caught by the adhesive layer they put down is about 8" or so away from the edge of the road. Good enough for me now.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRacer61
                              I'm actually in New Albany. This was on 111 on the way to Caesars. You can see where they brushed back the gravel a bit now. All the loose stuff that wasn't caught by the adhesive layer they put down is about 8" or so away from the edge of the road. Good enough for me now.
                              Cool. I hardly ever head toward the boat. I go out Corydon Pike some. I work down in New Albany, on Vincennes St. at the grocery store by Rallys & White Castle. Hit me up sometime.

Vince
                              > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                              97 Mustang GT
                              95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X