X

A Beautiful Night to Ride...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Beautiful Night to Ride...

Tonight was an awsome night to ride. The temperature was just right and the moon was full and bright. My intentions were to ride with a a friend of mine but he decided to bail on me the last second. (And NO it wasn't SQUIDJAIME!) So...I rode by myself. I figured it was better that way because I had a lot on my mind. With my mom being in the hospital and other things, it was NOT a good day. But as soon as I got out on the road I breathed a sigh. It was good to take in the cool air and I didn't think about anything but my riding.

I headed down to see Dave (my hubby's cousin) who owns a local pizza joint. Of COURSE the parking lot was filled with a bunch of teeny boppers and their little boyfriends. So I pull up and turn the Kat off, then dismount. Took off my gloves and helmet, shook my hair out and walked into Bubba's Breakaway. About 5 seconds later my hubby comes walking in. I was surprised to see him, seeing as he had to work. But he stopped in to make a sub for his lunch break.

We BSed for a while and it was time for me to hit the road. So Allen walked me out the Kat. MEANWHILE, the little kiddies were still out in the parking lot. ONe of the guys said, "Hey I like your bike." I said, "Thanks so do I." Made me smile. So my hubby and I went our separate ways. He to work and me on my way home. Again the air was cool and delightful. When I pulled the Kat into the garage I couldn't stop smiling.

So now I'm relaxed and glad I took a ride tonight. It made such a shiotty day, into a really good night.
    KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

There's nothing like a nice relaxin night ride to clear your mind and your soul. Sounds like a good time girl!!

But where is my sub? what, u couldnt ride one down here to York for me?

Comment

It was a good time. I'm glad that Ed (The Firefighter dude who owns the Vulcan) decided to bail. I was kinda pi$$ed at first, but I'm glad I got a chance to ride by myself.

Well let's see....That would have meant I'd have to do the highway. (Still scared of it) BEsides...It wasn't Subway...LMAO!
      KARA

Comment

Sometimes Char, that's all it takes to turn a crummy day into something nice. :P
        sigpic

Comment

The medical term is: MotoTherapy. At least 1 dose per week is required!!

Comment

I love taking a nice late night ride alone to clear my head and relax. I just started listening to tunes while I ride on the way to work this morning, and I must say I loved it. I'm thinking I'll put some nice music that is meaningful to me on the mp3 player tonight, and go for a nice long cruise.
            I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Char I am jealous. Last night would have been perfect to ride, but Aubrey was not feeling well and I had to look after the little one. Even a 20 min spin aournd the block can make you feel a 100x better.

Comment

Re: A Beautiful Night to Ride...

Originally posted by CharlieMav
                But as soon as I got out on the road I breathed a sigh. It was good to take in the cool air and I didn't think about anything but my riding.
                That is the #1 reason why I ride. Nothing else i've ever done in life has ever been able to clear my head quite like going out for a ride has.

Comment

sounds like a great nite char. motorcycling, therapy for the soul.

Comment

I love the way I felt when I got home. Sure, it's not all going to go away, because you have to come back home to it. But it just being in air was so relaxing. And where I live, you have to becareful with the deer and little critters. So even though I was going a little slower than I normally do during the day, it was still enough.
                    KARA

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieMav
                      I...And where I live, you have to becareful with the deer and little critters. ...
                      Remeber if it is below the height of your axle aim for it. If you hit it, go make some RK stew.

Comment

Yeah if it's a small critter, what better time than to practice the Riding Over Obstacles you learned in the MSF course! Aim for the little guy! It'll feel just like a 2x4...only squishier.

Comment

There's nothing like a late night ride to clear your head, hope everything gets better Char.
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Comment

great thread Charlie. My night was pretty good too!
                              All that was missing from it was beer.

Comment

Working...
                              X