Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Rode an 05 R6 last night. 100% Glad I ride a Katana!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode an 05 R6 last night. 100% Glad I ride a Katana!

A friend let me ride his new R6 around town last night, and all I can say is DAMN I'M GLAD I GOT A KATANA! I would kill myself in no time on that bike. I weigh about 145, and simply going WOT it brought up the wheel in 1st, in 2nd, and in 3rd if I would have sat back any further.

I would already be dead, no doubt about it if I rode a bike like that on a daily basis like I do the Kat. It would be a fun track/weekend toy though.

Like you guys were saying, the Katana is so much more forgiving and rider friendly.

Just had to get that out.

-Sam

Yeah, I guess you would have to be alot more throttle conscious with a bike like that on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
      Yeah, I guess you would have to be alot more throttle conscious with a bike like that on the street.
      that is the key to riding any bike... have to respect the machine.
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Id kill for a R6. If I had two used kats Id trade them both for one new R6
        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I've been looking at the new R6 as well. Like Z said, you have to respect the machine and keep the throttle hand in check.
          Keith Paton
          Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
          13 GSXR750

Comment

My ex had an r6, and I agree the Kat is a much smoother ride. It is a gorgeous bike though!
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

They are nice. But any new feuel injected bike has touchy throttle. you have to be very conchious of it. Once you get the hang of that you dont have any problems. But when you start to relax it will let you know.
              Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
              6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
              5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Think that's bad, try an R1!
                -Steve

Comment

+1 Steve,

I was just thinking that when I came across your post. The r6 is an amazing machine, but after riding the r1 a few months back, there's just nothing like it.

Comment

I've ridden an '04 R1 and a '02 GSXR 1k. Both were amazing in many ways, but neither was comfortable -- I'll stick to my Kat, thanks. By the way, the '02 GSXR 1k was stolen 11 days ago in the Fort Lauderdale area -- another thing I don't think I need to worry about (at least not nearly as much) with my Kat

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ive got to chime in now.

The R1 is nice. a buddy has an 04. He had to toy with me when I first got my bike and learned that low end torqu is tough to beat. The bikes are about the same after 10 grand. But the gix has a lot more low end. You can get a good head start when playing on back roads.

Liter bikes are worlds ahead of anything else. weather it be a 10 an r, 1k, or an rr.
                      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                      6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                      5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Cyber wrote
                        By the way, the '02 GSXR 1k was stolen 11 days ago in the Fort Lauderdale area -- another thing I don't think I need to worry about (at least not nearly as much) with my Kat
                        This is so true, one less thing to worry about!
                        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

My kat beat my friend's CBR600 in the low end (93 kat). In 1st and 2nd I had him by a little, but everything after 3rd was like I was barely on it. (Back when it ran better)

I can't imagine controlling an R1 at WOT. I'm so light the bike would not even know I'm there.

Damn.

Comment

I'm so light the bike would not even know I'm there.
                            One blast of the throttle to quickly and u wouldnt be there!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              I've ridden an '04 R1 and a '02 GSXR 1k. Both were amazing in many ways, but neither was comfortable -- I'll stick to my Kat, thanks. By the way, the '02 GSXR 1k was stolen 11 days ago in the Fort Lauderdale area -- another thing I don't think I need to worry about (at least not nearly as much) with my Kat

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              I refuse to buy a bike because of its chances of being stolen, but... I do know what you're saying about comfort. I really don't know that I would want a SS bike as my only bike. Unfortunately, I don't live somewhere with incredible twisties right in my back yard. That's why I love the Tuono so much. It's super comfortable. 500 mile days are a BREEZE on the thing. Yet, it's a SS at heart. It's a Mille with handlebars...

Oh yeah, my Mille's an incredible machine, too! Definitely more "connected" with those low clip-ons in the twisties. So, I'm thrilled having both...
                              -Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X