Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cruising speed hwy
    4th gear/6k....95mph

Comment

i was riding today and was concentrating around the 3k mark. I found no speed that 3k rpm was a good number to have on my bike. In town 3k would either lug with no acceleration...or reving too high. the lowest i can go without being noisy or lacking power seems to be 4k.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

You guys are killing me!!

The way mine is geared, 6000 is 60mph, 7000 is 70mph and so on. That's in 6th gear too....

Oh wait, were you guys talking kph?

Comment

Forget about gas mileage. Worry more about being able to accelerate out of harms way when you need to. Especially in town. I keep mine spinning up around 5k+ all the time. Thats just a little under where the powerband really starts to pick up. Cruising around at that rpm will only drop 2mpg off my bike. Thats only 8 miles per tank I'm loosing.
          Eric
          2005 GSX-R 750

Comment

for anything besides heavy traffic i usually keep my 600 around 5-6K.
            When the traffic is bad i tend to keep it around 2K-3K.
            i must admit i REALLY REALY like having it at around 10K as well
            Though that's mostly cause there's a lot of opportunities for overtaking around here.
            I have noticed when doing longer trips with the club, that i tend not to be as agressive(they ride too slow). So with them it's usually just pick a high gear(5th or 6th) and then putter along at 3-4K rpm.
            -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Working...
            X