X

some extra goodies!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some extra goodies!!!

thought i better give an update on what im doing lately...

the gixxer front is in, the mc style handle bars are sorted with a new 2 line kit and some custom throttle/clutch cables.

im still sorting my sub frame conversion, also still sorting the fairing mods.

and now...

im going to be having some fun over the next few weeks with my kat !!

cheers.joe.

Uhhhh, is that a turbo I see? I don't know if I'd want to ride a bike with one... Anyway, are you going to rig FI on it or play with the carbs?

/kiba
    find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Originally posted by kiba
      Uhhhh, is that a turbo I see? I don't know if I'd want to ride a bike with one... Anyway, are you going to rig FI on it or play with the carbs?

/kiba
      yes it is a turbo.. im not new to them.. having built a 9 sec drag car with a turbonetics turbo admittidly it was efi. but this isnt my 1st crack at a bike turbo set up, i had successfully fitted up a IHI rb25 turbo to the gsxf750. the problem was it had a nasty boost spike at the 7-8k rpm range, basicly i had no boost prior to that point, then the front wheel would kick up violently and a big whoosh of boost would kick in.

the problem lied in the IHI turbo exhaust housing it was far too big, plus the turbines aerodynamics was old skool so it was a crude in every way.

this turbo ive gotten my hands on now is a garret gt-17 with a nice small turbine housing, and lastest technology aerodynamics, the ball bearing centre will help the turbo response massively as well.

i'll stick with the carbs unless i can get a complete bike efi system from a 1000cc engine cheap enough. theres nothing wrong with carbs, just a little longer and fiddly to tune.

cheers.joe.

Comment

TURBO

I wana turbo the Kan-O-Gixxer, but I am afraid I would kill myself. Well, not so much afraid of it, just not ready yet. There are a few more things I gota do before I die.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Turboed bikes are a rush. Last one I had was a GPZ 750 turbo, loved that thing but my wife didn't when she was on the back and no back rest.

Comment

That's gonna be one crazy bike when it's done. Keep us updated!

Comment

i was instantly hooked with the turbo grunt on the bike, even tho i just about flipped the damn thing in 1st gear on the return trip from my test ride

basicly it transformed my bike, i rode my mates 98 model r1 that has a yoshi pipe to it, and in all accounts the kat feels just a smidge slower.

i cannot wait to fit up this garret item and make a good thing even better!

now.. for my holidays to come round again so i can get some time to fit some of these bits to my damn bike!!!

cheers.joe.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                TURBO

I wana turbo the Kan-O-Gixxer, but I am afraid I would kill myself. Well, not so much afraid of it, just not ready yet. There are a few more things I gota do before I die.
                it really isnt like that at all!

take for example yourself lou. you fitted up a gixxer 1127cc engine.. thats a big kick in the pants, and your still around.

you fit something new that adds more power, you respect that power you get use to it then you get over it lmao. then you start searching for more power

the bueaty of this garret item, is im fitting it up with 7psi initially, with a total avail of 14psi on tap, i have a a little bit more headroom to play with, but i seriously reckon, once i max out the 750 with the turbo.. its time for a busa!! lmao

cheers.joe.

Comment

I am still getting used to the power of that engine. It really like to power wheelie with just a slight flick of the wrist. I know know what people are talking about when they speak of Throttle Control on a bike like a busa or something.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

I love the GT line....my friend has a 35 fitted to his WRX and man that thing screams.

Comment

yeah they are turely unreal imo,

the blade aerodynamics on the gt series are 10-15% more efficient, meaning the turbine needs 10-15% less gas then in previous to give the same shaft speed as the old T series. ditto for the compressor side of things, flow just as much air as the last run of the t series but do so at far less shaft rpm speeds. and due to the roller bearing core on them they are can spin faster for longer and with reduced friction over conventional sleeve bearings.

it all adds up to one thing really.. 300hp air flow on a 750cc engine!! yay!

cheers.joe.

Comment

Working...
                      X