Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

All this talk about Gas Mileage = Expiremnt time!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this talk about Gas Mileage = Expiremnt time!

So all this talk about types of gas people are using, and gas milage and stuff, kinda got me wondering, so I conducted a little experiment yesterday.

I had to head out of town, and I was running low on my tank, but figuired I could easuily make it to my destination, and would prlly run out on my way back. The route back has a gas station located every coupla miles, so I could easily make it to a gas station on reserve so off I went.

Stopped in Prescott WI, picked up my handy dandy ETrex GPS, put it in the tank bag, and off I went back home. Drove like I normally do, nothing odd on acceleration, and cruised at about 75-80 mph. At about 4 miles from the closest gas station, the engine started sputtering a bit. Hit the reserve, went to the gas station, and filled her up. Now, this is what got me, filled it up and put in 3.7 gallons???? Thats what I usually put in, and don't run it empty.

Anyways, I got 143 miles on the tank before she started to sputter. Not to shabby considering what I am running.

89 Gixxer 1100 engine, Stage 3 jet kit, pod filters, yada-yada.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

3.7 gallons (from sputter to sputter)/143miles

38.64mpg.

Not bad.

Comment

Screw you guys and your nearly 40 mpg , I only get low/mid30's on a good day . And I HAVE to run 93 . My CAR gets better milage than my bike though .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

My buell that I just got goes from 30's to high to mid 40's i bet if I took it on a long trip I could get high 40's consistantly...probably the lower rpm's at cruising.

Comment

Fron full to sputter on the open highway I get about 47-49 mpg or about 175-180 miles on my '05 600.
          "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

I ride pretty hard so for me, getting 140 miles to a tank is pretty good. If I really get on it from start to finish, I end up needing gas at about 120 miles or so.

Comment

When I ride the highway with my gf (she's on a Ninja 500), we cruise fairly slow by my standards (mostly 65 to 80 mph) -- then I get extremely good mileage (42 - 47 mpg).
              If I'm riding the same roads by myself, I push it faster and get in the low 30's.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I usually get about 150-160 from a tank.
                '98 GSX750F

Comment

i'm in the middle of a milage experiment myself, once I hit empty i'll post the results. i havent gotten much riding in these last few days.
                  I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                  http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Hmmm....My b12 will get 45mpg if I take it easy, 42 MPG if I ride a little harder. Holeshot slip on, 4 degree advancer, stage one carbs. However, my little ZX will get 60 mpg on the easy rides, 50 if I am playing.

Comment

Hey Sweet Lou, you mention being in prescott Wisconsin. Where is your home town??? I'm in Madison, Wisconsin.

Comment

I was getting 45mpg last I checked, 95% of the time, it's just cruising on the freeway at 75-85 indicated...
                        --
                        Sagan

Comment

Usually I fill-up at about 130 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdogdeee
                            Hey Sweet Lou, you mention being in prescott Wisconsin. Where is your home town??? I'm in Madison, Wisconsin.
                            I lived in Prescott for quite a while, went to High School there. I am back there a lot to see freinds and what not. Thats also where I have my address, so I go to get my mail and stuff. I am in Madison every once in a while, but not usually on a bike. I have friends down there too, and go to see them.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I don't know how accurate the MPG meter is on the Busa but it said I averaged 47mpg during my trip to the Gap. Around town it's hanging at 40-41.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X