X

Slip on suggestions /Update Hindle on the way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip on suggestions /Update Hindle on the way

Ok, Im selling the D and D. Its one ebay as we speak, it was fun for awhile, but on those long trips it just gets annoying. I am looking for something that sounds a bit smoother, less obnoxious. Right now im leaning towards a Yosh, or Hindle. I hear bad things about vance and hines, but its the most affordable. What other slip ons are out there that wont kill my bank account, and have a nice sound. Oh yeah, its a 2003 Katana 750 if you didnt already know.... thanks guys/ gals!!
    Custom flat black,pin stripes,mesh mod,Custom fender eliminator,signal integrator,Custom handlebars,New smoke screen,Braada cowl soon,clear signals.Later-Jet kit,K&N air filter ............................

two brothers is a good pipe, Zleviticus just got one. He likes it alot as far I know. Definately sounds nice!

The Hindle is one of the better exhausts on the market, but its not cheap. The yoshi is probably the most common, sounds good, and pretty affordable.

Ive heard good and bad things about V&H. HS2020 has a full system V&H on his pre98.

Comment

Heres what I have found. Vance and Hines $245. Yosh $275 Hindle $278 Two Bros $323 ouch. It depends on how much my D and D sells for, so far its $40 over what I paid.
      Custom flat black,pin stripes,mesh mod,Custom fender eliminator,signal integrator,Custom handlebars,New smoke screen,Braada cowl soon,clear signals.Later-Jet kit,K&N air filter ............................

Comment

If you want a great sounding and good looking pipe look for a Wileyco slipon. My roomate has a carbon fiber one and he loves it. I think he spend something like $200 on it brand new shipped to the front door. I have a CF D&D and love it but not everyone likes a loud pipe.

Comment

This link might help, I have a Yosh and I really like it. http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I vote for the Hindle.
            I love mine...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I have the stock pipes but I have been around enough different systems to tell you that the Hindle and Vance and Hines are good choices. Price wise the Two Brother's system is a good one. D&D is to obnoxious <spelling>
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

You can get a Vance and Hines SS2R slip-on for $274.95 at Dennis Kirk. Thats what I have and I love it. Has kind of a "throaty" sound.

Comment

all this Hate for the d&d.... screamin loud pipes are just an aquired taste.

Comment

the two brothers comes with a midpipe as well... I bought mine used... i will eventually trade up to a new one in a year or two.

Thge only biatch about it is that you have to take the tail section off to insall a bracket for it cause it sits higher than the stock one and further back.
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                      the two brothers comes with a midpipe as well... I bought mine used... i will eventually trade up to a new one in a year or two.

Thge only biatch about it is that you have to take the tail section off to insall a bracket for it cause it sits higher than the stock one and further back.

GOT PICS?

8)
                      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Ive searched and I cant find a wiley co. for anywhere near $200. Mr. Clean, do you happen to know where your friend got it>???

Comment

Hindel is the can to go with. I got mine since I got the Kat and still loving it.
                          www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

I hear alot about Hindle. And if my used D and D sells for 200(its at 190 now) then Ill only have to throw in $78. Hmmm, this may be the way to go.

Comment

I'm in the same bind. I'm still not sure if I should go with the Hindle or Yosh. Even though I like the slip on Yosh I have now...I'm almost 85% convinced on getting the Hindle!! Decsions are a biatch, aren't they.
                              KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X