X

Gotta go to Sturgis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta go to Sturgis

Well J-body95 and I just got back from a week long trip to the infamous Strugis Motorcycle Rally. At first I was very nervous to go on my Kat to what I thought was a "Harley" bike week. Turns out I was way off. The whole week was amazing and most of the people there were very cool to us. Plus the riding is unreal we hit some twistys that made the Gap look like a straight road. All in all it was a good time and I think everyone should at least experience the riding there. I will try to get some pictures on here soon.
    Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Glad you had a good time in poser city, but there is no way in HELL that Deals Gap could ever be called straight.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

im telling ya ride needles highway it was insane. Deals gap was crazy but needles and iron mountain are out of control.

Comment

Little too far away for my taste . But sounds lovely .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

All kinds of bikes were welcome? I didn't know that.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
            All kinds of bikes were welcome? I didn't know that.
            me either...it goes against anything i have ever heard from anyone who has. that's cool though.

you know why i think it might have changed? i actually believe the harley guys...the new generation of them...they are not so bad as the older generation. maybe because they were once sportbike riders themselves before going harley. ask chris...plenty of harleys waved to us yesterday. i seem to notice it is the older farts...50+ that seem to be the worst for tossing their noses up.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

There's an older Harley rider around here that I've seen a few times. He looks to be about 65. Everytime I wave, he gives me this big, awesome point instead of a wave back and he smiles. It's fricking awesome.

Comment

Ive heard sturgis has calmed down ALOT from back in the old days when they used to take a sportbike from someone and string it up from a tree branch!!!

I'll have to reserve judgement on your comment about deals gap being straight since Ive never been to highway you are referring to out there.

Are you sure you've road the Dragon before?

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                  Ive heard sturgis has calmed down ALOT from back in the old days when they used to take a sportbike from someone and string it up from a tree branch!!!

I'll have to reserve judgement on your comment about deals gap being straight since Ive never been to highway you are referring to out there.

Are you sure you've road the Dragon before?

Yes I rode the dragon in May and it was a blast and I guess I didnt mean it to sound like I was making fun of it. But I was very impressed with the riding out there. Also we got there the week before the rally to ride cuz when everyone gets there it is so crowded. I actually seen a lot more sport bikes there than what I was expecting. All my friends warned me about going but like i said everyone was amazing. I dont know how many times I heard "It doesnt matter what you ride but that you ride."
                  So to all who I upset by my comment about the dragon I apologize but I just was so excited about that place.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only Kat at Sturgis... I didn't take the Kat this year but did last year....

And this year I saw two other Kats....

AND THIS ONE....

Didn't see one with OHIO plates though!

Glad you had a blast! All types are definitely welcome there. It is SO MUCH FUN!

Comment

That is one of the things I would like to do in my life time. Until then I'll just go to the Sturgis South rally here in Mississippi this weekend. Had an estimated 40,000 people last year with 5000 registered. Not bad for it's 9th year and only a town of 300.

Any one in the area this weekend look me up. I'll be on a red Kat.

Comment

Where are the bikini shots?

Comment

Originally posted by AlCapone
                          That is one of the things I would like to do in my life time. Until then I'll just go to the Sturgis South rally here in Mississippi this weekend. Had an estimated 40,000 people last year with 5000 registered. Not bad for it's 9th year and only a town of 300.

Any one in the area this weekend look me up. I'll be on a red Kat.
                          i think i will probably be there on my blue '05 kat...

Comment

Lisa watched a Discovery Channel special on Sturgis a while back.

I think I've been banned from mentioning the very name in her presence. :P
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X