Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Sigh, I just blew something bad... UPDATE: Not so bad.. :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh, I just blew something bad... UPDATE: Not so bad.. :)

So, I was headed out to our poker night from work, accelerating from a left hand turn, and something goes pop.. Didn't seem to loud, but there is something major wrong with the bike now. It has much less power and there is a ping or "hollow" sounding rattle coming from the engine. I'll possibly be bringing it down to the shop on monday to have a look, but I don't don't think I have enough money to get it repaired.

This after my car gets rear ended (really minor tho) and my wife quits/gets laid off from her job... Sigh, I think I'll just sleep for 48 hours this weekend...
    --
    Sagan

I am going to take a guess. you broke a valve and punched a hole in your piston. why guess that? cuz someone else on here just had a similar problem as you this week. but hopefully i am wrong and it isn't anything too serious.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I have a feeling it is, and a bigger feeling that the warranty ain't gonna do squat for me either (I can't remember if it's still even covered or not.) I will have to wait until Monday to find out... I'm stuck here at work until my wife fights the traffic to come pick me up. It's ruined both our evenings...
      --
      Sagan

Comment

Unless you bought an extra warranty the it's only 1 year unlimited mileage. At least that's what we get up here.
        Kyle

Comment

well if you think that is what it is, then go look at this post. It might help you out and save you some money.

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
            Unless you bought an extra warranty the it's only 1 year unlimited mileage. At least that's what we get up here.
            I didnt even get that without paying thru the arse for it. so I decided against.

Man dude, Im sorry for the little string of bad luck..... chin up, bad things come in 3's and you have ur 3 now, so ur all set for some luck to head ur way.

Comment

All new suzukis come witha 1 year warranty unlimited mileage...

where i bought mine the dealership has a special warranty for 5 years that covers everything. The only drawback is yu HAV to take i to them for repair.. anywhere else and you have to pay a deductible... I decided against it cause it is an hour away.
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                All new suzukis come witha 1 year warranty unlimited mileage...

where i bought mine the dealership has a special warranty for 5 years that covers everything. The only drawback is yu HAV to take i to them for repair.. anywhere else and you have to pay a deductible... I decided against it cause it is an hour away.
                Suzuki USA offers their own four-year extended warrantee for all their bikes (it's actually three-years over the standard one-year factory warrantee, but upgrades the warrantee during year one as well). Unlike many third-party warrantees, the Suzuki USA warrantee includes certain special coverages, including:
                1. Free recovery to the closest authorized Suzuki dealer if the bike breaks down under warrantee;
                2. $20 or $25 a day rental reimbursement while the bike is in the shop for any warrantee repairs (and I think it may also include during standard maintenance visits if they go overnight);
                3. Zero-deductible for the warrantee period. No mileage cap. Gauranteed new Suzuki brand parts and all warrantee-related labor included.

Cost was $380 to $440 for the extended warrantee, depending on how much the local dealer marked up his end of it (I think Suzuki USA gets about $320 for it from the dealership).

KNOW THIS:
                Suzuki USA says you can buy this uprated warrantee at any time before the factory warrantee expires.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah that sounds like you sucked a valve into a piston. If that is the case I can probably help you out though. i have an almost brand new(less than 2,500 miles) set of 2002 600 pistons and the matching head and valves. Sorry I gave the jugs to a friend. The downside is the head needs valve springs and retainers, I used them in my 771 project. PM me and we can work something out.

Comment

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind after I get it checked out next week...
                    --
                    Sagan

Comment

I had a friend that knows more about engines than I do take a listen to it today, and he thinks it may not be catestrophic like a broken valve in the cylinder, maybe just bent valve or somehow the timing chain slipped a tooth... The shop is closed today, I'm going to get it down there tomorrow for them to take a listen and see if they can tell me more... So I'll just hold my breath and hope for the best now :-k...
                      --
                      Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Sagan
                        The shop is closed today, I'm going to get it down there tomorrow for them to take a listen and see if they can tell me more... So I'll just hold my breath and hope for the best now :-k...
                        Make it cheaper on yourself and easier on the mechanic: remove all the fairings in advance.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I got back from dropping it off, and just something minor.. They said it was a popped hose, and possibly somthing minor with the cam chain or tensioners, only gonna cost me like $120...

I'm pretty happy, given in the just the last MONTH, I had: paid registration, bought a new pipe, and bought a enw rear hugger... They are really backed up (mostly with jet ski's ) so it will take a few days to get it, but only an hour of work...

And I did think about taking the fairings off but the bike was at work, and I didn't really have a good place to keep them for a week safe...

Thank for listening to my shpeel guys, always make me feel better to talk about crap... eheh.
                          --
                          Sagan

Comment

glad it was nothing too serious. so preparing you with the worst is a great surprise when it isn't so bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X