X

Digital or old school odometers???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital or old school odometers???

Which does everyone prefer, digital or old roller type odometers??
    I personally miss my roller type that I had on my '88 1100.
    The new odometer on my 2000 750 does'nt have the tenths, only
    the trip meter does. I guess I just got used to seeing that last wheel constantly spinning!!! How about you???

I love the ability to have trip odometers with a digital odometer. I use these all the time to calculate gas mileage.
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

I like both for different reasons... I like watching the numbers roll up (or down) -- but I have yet to have a digital fail on me, while I've had rolling-type odometers get stuck or die altogether...

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Im all about the digital too. Those 2 trip meters have saved me many times when I ran the tank alittle too low for comfort.

Comment

I would be happy with either one right now...mine died....same as CP stated. So the one on my 93 is dead, and I can't take the one off the 92 cuz it's dead as well...grrrr.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
            I would be happy with either one right now...mine died....same as CP stated. So the one on my 93 is dead, and I can't take the one off the 92 cuz it's dead as well...grrrr.
            Disassemble one them and see if you can clean/renovate it... usually it's just one pin gone bad that needs to be replaced/reglued -- between two gauges, it's odd not to have enough to build one good one.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i thought it was the cable that broke when i tached it out a few weeks ago, but I put a new one on. it worked ok after that for about 30 minutes, than stopped. it doesn't just sit there...it bounces up and down from zero to 20kph. any idea what that could be? I was thinking that maybe where the cable goes in might be worn or something and it slips.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                Im all about the digital too. Those 2 trip meters have saved me many times when I ran the tank alittle too low for comfort.
                no gas gauge?

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                  i thought it was the cable that broke when i tached it out a few weeks ago, but I put a new one on. it worked ok after that for about 30 minutes, than stopped. it doesn't just sit there...it bounces up and down from zero to 20kph. any idea what that could be? I was thinking that maybe where the cable goes in might be worn or something and it slips.
                  Could very easily be. If you remove the cable, you'll see the receiver end has a spring and a square opening... if the square opening is rounded off, then the cable end will slip. If the spring is bad, then the reading of the cable will be erratic (the spring may be internal to the gauge or visible from the back; it varies by design). My guess is a combination of both issues (rounded off and spring issues). Replacing the gauge would be the easy way of handling it.

Good Luck with that!
                  Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

what about a dyna ignition system? they have digital outputs so you can use those for us Pre98.
                    link: http://www.dynaonline.com/english/sp...000.htm#suzuki
                    Nik
                    88 Katana GSX600F, 19k miles, Total Custom- Soon to be revealed!!!!!!!

Comment

Technology is great, besides who has time to watch the little 10ths wheel spin LOL
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I like the digital odometers, but I hate the digital speedometers.
                        > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                        97 Mustang GT
                        95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

old skool all the WAY@!!!!!!!!! i hate how the MPH jumps like monkey when you matt it!! the digital RPM sucks ballz also, you cant see that crap in the sun, WHAT FOR THIS? AAHHH
                          ------------------------------------------------------
                          Lean in Lean out.
                          ------------------------------------------------------
                          1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
                          2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
                          2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
                          2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyMedic
                            what about a dyna ignition system? they have digital outputs so you can use those for us Pre98.
                            link: http://www.dynaonline.com/english/sp...000.htm#suzuki
                            Nik
                            i have that with my modded engine, but haven't had a chance to use it. what does it have to do with the speedo?

Comment

Cant you hook up a digital speedo with the tach?
                              Nik
                              88 Katana GSX600F, 19k miles, Total Custom- Soon to be revealed!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X