X

raced a porsche today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raced a porsche today!

I had a friend who needed a ride someplace today, and when she phoned me to ask if I could give her one, I said sure, but it has to be on bike cuz my car isn't here. So she said, "cooool...all the better". It was about 45 minutes from here on the hwy. Anyway, after I dropped her off, I get back on the hwy and didn't do a mile when this porshe comes up on my ass. Now my speedo doesn't work...so I am not 100% sure how fast I was going. The avg speed on the hwy here is about 120kms/hr....and I was just slowly passing them....so maybe 130. Anyway, I get into the right lane and let the porsch go by, then I get behind him. He came onto it....trying to lose me I guess.....but I stayed on his ass. Then he pulls into the right lane and I go by him. Mind you at this point, neither of us are really giving it. I think he wanted me to lead.....so I nailed it. he was trying to keep up, but was slowly falling behind. I still had a bit left, but I slacked off so he could keep up (I didn't want the fun to end too quickly). we did the "you lead, then I lead" thing.). We couldn't really come onto it for a bit cuz there was a fair amount of traffic. But after we passed this one exit where alot of the traffic got off, then it was pretty open road. At one point, I was turning 9.5k and we were side by side. I still had some left...not much, but some. The my exit was coming up. Go figure...it was his exit too. Needless to say, that run pretty much finished off what gas I had left in my tank, so I pulled into a gas station....and so did the porsche. The guy gets out of his porsche with a huge smile on his face. he was maybe 45 or so....just a bit older than me. He's like, wow...that was fun. Not knowing how fast we made it up to, it was the first thing I had to ask. He said according to his speedo, we made it to just a bit over 270kph......about 160mph. We both admitted that we were pretty much close to maxed out...maybe a bit left. It was cool experience.

So....my point to this.....I think someone on here...maybe a few....when talking about how great it feels when you toast someone who thinks they have what it takes to beat your bike.....well you are not going to take a porshe on any 600 or 750 katana.....I am convinced of that. His porsche was a 93 911 turbo. I just did a check on the net...top speed is 180. So I am pretty sure he can beat my 1100 if we both went to the end.
    It will NEVER happen with a 600 or 750. I think the Busa must be pretty much the only one who stands a chance to top out a porsche.

Doesn't matter if he could out do me....it was a fun run. Oh...and that 45 minute trip turned into about 20 coming home.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

I wouldnt go after a porsche for a long ride like that and expect to win, but in short distances, yeah I'd do it just for fun

Comment

this is just a guess, but I think anything up to 100mph I will out accellerate a porsche....but once you start getting up there he will stick to you like glue.
      Anyway, that was my all out run for the season. It has been 3-4 years since I pushed it like that....and who knows when I will again.
      But then again, it seemed to shake my nervousness that I had. I think I am getting a bit heavy on the throttle again.
      I might need a good ticket to slow me down again.

Comment

Let's call this one a draw, cause I'm damn sure he didn't have the balls to go that fast if he was on a bike!
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
          Let's call this one a draw, cause I'm damn sure he didn't have the balls to go that fast if he was on a bike!
          ahhh...now if you look at it that way, then I won hands down. He seemed fascinated by the bike...and how fast they can go. He pretty much said he wouldn't do it.

Comment

Maybe it gave him a reality check at just how fast bikes can really be, and what his car can do as well against a bike..or not do as the case may be depending on the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
              Maybe it gave him a reality check at just how fast bikes can really be, and what his car can do as well against a bike..or not do as the case may be depending on the circumstances.
              yup...i think we both learned something.

Comment

Just think, he's on a Porsche Forum right now saying, "Man, don't mess with them Katana's. They are fast!"
                '07 SV1000S
                Power Commander III USB
                M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
                Driven 520 chain kit
                Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

see porsches might be ok in speed, but they will keep up with us in the corners its like racing a vette and a porsche, yea the vette will smoke it in the straight line but on an autocross track that porsche will smoke the vette

Comment

Lets see, porsche = $600 per month fun factor =8

Katana = $120 per month ( In Mojoes case $0 ) fun factor = 10 so wich is the better deal?
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Re: raced a porsche today!

Originally posted by Mojoe
                      I had a friend who needed a ride someplace today, and when she phoned me to ask if I could give her one, I said sure, but it has to be on bike cuz my car isn't here. So she said, "cooool...all the better". It was about 45 minutes from here on the hwy. Anyway, after I dropped her off, I get back on the hwy and didn't do a mile when this porshe comes up on my ass. Now my speedo doesn't work...so I am not 100% sure how fast I was going. The avg speed on the hwy here is about 120kms/hr....and I was just slowly passing them....so maybe 130. Anyway, I get into the right lane and let the porsch go by, then I get behind him. He came onto it....trying to lose me I guess.....but I stayed on his ass. Then he pulls into the right lane and I go by him. Mind you at this point, neither of us are really giving it. I think he wanted me to lead.....so I nailed it. he was trying to keep up, but was slowly falling behind. I still had a bit left, but I slacked off so he could keep up (I didn't want the fun to end too quickly). we did the "you lead, then I lead" thing.). We couldn't really come onto it for a bit cuz there was a fair amount of traffic. But after we passed this one exit where alot of the traffic got off, then it was pretty open road. At one point, I was turning 9.5k and we were side by side. I still had some left...not much, but some. The my exit was coming up. Go figure...it was his exit too. Needless to say, that run pretty much finished off what gas I had left in my tank, so I pulled into a gas station....and so did the porsche. The guy gets out of his porsche with a huge smile on his face. he was maybe 45 or so....just a bit older than me. He's like, wow...that was fun. Not knowing how fast we made it up to, it was the first thing I had to ask. He said according to his speedo, we made it to just a bit over 270kph......about 160mph. We both admitted that we were pretty much close to maxed out...maybe a bit left. It was cool experience.

So....my point to this.....I think someone on here...maybe a few....when talking about how great it feels when you toast someone who thinks they have what it takes to beat your bike.....well you are not going to take a porshe on any 600 or 750 katana.....I am convinced of that. His porsche was a 93 911 turbo. I just did a check on the net...top speed is 180. So I am pretty sure he can beat my 1100 if we both went to the end.
                      It will NEVER happen with a 600 or 750. I think the Busa must be pretty much the only one who stands a chance to top out a porsche.

Doesn't matter if he could out do me....it was a fun run. Oh...and that 45 minute trip turned into about 20 coming home.
                      on a public road.... squid !

sometimes you just gotta

tim

Comment

Re: raced a porsche today!

Originally posted by trinc
                        Originally posted by Mojoe

on a public road.... squid !

sometimes you just gotta

tim
                        yup...I know.
                        but the traffic was minimal...almost none once we came on to it....and pretty much nothing but straights.

Comment

Hmmm, now I wana play with a Porche.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Bike will be faster from a stop. The Porsche may have more top speed. As per other bikes, any new liter bike will out run a porsche.
                            www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

I guess that "Risk Factor" is not such as big a deal as you once said it was.......I would have thought that racing on public roads was a risky decision and maybe should be left for a track.......just another opinion!!
                              Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X