X

My ride home

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ride home

I was riding home from work today and was buzzing along the highway about 80mph, when a car with two teenage guys drove up beside me. I noticed the car stayed even for awhile, so I looked over and the passenger was making some sort of gesture with his hands...I could figure out what he meant at first, but when I did a double take, it hit me that he was motioning for me to pop a wheelie . There's a few things wrong with this picture.

A. It's a Katana...it'd be pretty hard to pull a wheelie rolling at 80 miles an hour with a GOOD rider.
    B. I've only been riding for about a month and haven't the slightest idea how to pop a wheelie (and I'm in no rush to learn).

I don't know if the kid thought it was a Gixxer or what, but I just shook my head no and they zoomed on by. I couldn't help but laugh the whole way home .
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

I get all sorts of requests to wheelie..the layman don't know any better other than it'a a crazy thing to do. I smile and ride my way on. (I also get waves from kids in neighborhoods and such)

Comment

All these stunting videos have people believing that anyone on a sportbike is capable of wheelies!!!

Comment

heh.. i get that all the time too...
        "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
          All these stunting videos have people believing that anyone on a sportbike is capable of wheelies!!!
          What thats not true? Anyone can wheelie......Pull in clutch, Twist trottle till it won't twist no more, let go of clutch. Thats 3 steps..... its like cooking Top Ramen Noodles I guess.
          1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

You forgot step 4. Call for ambulance and wonder why your back and a$$ look like raw chop meat!!

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
              You forgot step 4. Call for ambulance and wonder why your back and a$$ look like raw chop meat!!
              sigpic

Comment

I get that ALL the time.

Stupid.

I suppose those guys went down the road and started giving the universal "airhorn" signal to the next big rig, too. :/

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

I wanna ask them to put their car on two wheels , then MAYBE I'll try something stupid , too .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    I wanna ask them to put their car on two wheels , then MAYBE I'll try something stupid , too .
                    YES!! I actually thought of signaling for them to go first. HAHA
                    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

I had 2 kids in a Dodge Neon say "throw it up!" to me in 3 lane bumper-to-bumper, barely moving traffic. Yeah....plenty of room for a wheelie.

I do like to get reactions from people around the neighborhood or in cars. I get a lot of little girls that wave to me from cars.

Comment

I also get that all the time, but mostly from kids that aren't even old enough to drive. I don't care to try a wheelie at 80 mph either and I have riden for about 20 years. LOL
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by crazyaussie
                          Originally posted by md86
                          YES!! I actually thought of signaling for them to go first. HAHA
                          +1 !!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X