X

Paint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint

Well, i think i might paint my 05 Katana but im not sure what to go with, solid color, graphic, metalic, pearl. just not sure. I have been kinda thinking of a high gloss black with red ghost flames coming out of the openings on the main body. it seems like there would be a lot of bikes with the same idea on it. Let me know what ya think

I like solid color, non-metalic, no flames... just plain jane..

Comment

are you painting this yourself? Paying someone else to do it?

IMO, your own skill level often dictates what I do with a bike, when I'm painting myself.

I try to do something a little different with every bike, eash paint job gets a little tougher, so it's a challenge for me, but not over my head. The first bike I painted was solid yellow, single stage 3 part polyurethane (easy). next bike was "hot rod black" (flat black, easy). next was 2 solid colors in design (easy-moderate). Then came 2 color metalic (moderate). The last one I painted was a metallic silver with a lime green candy tinted clear (moderate-hard....of course it's all relative to who's talking).

if you're doing it yourself, solid colors are definately easiest, and have the best chance of coming out well. spend lots of time sanding/cleaning/prepping, and it's hard to make a solid color look bad.

nothing looks better to me than a deep, quality, shiny black paint job.

Comment

me and my old man (dad) are going to paint it if i decide. H has over 20 yrs of paint time so it will be done right and look good. Red is my the color i like the best. but red costs a lot. i would like to do black with some red worked in there. black body with red worked in ther and silver pin strip between the red and black. no the main question is where/what to do with the red

i would love to get this picture airbrushed on the bike

<---------------------- that woule look really nice
        Last edited by WildSide; 12-21-2009, 10:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

red does cost extra...but when we're talking about painting a bike, it only takes a quart. It's not a lot. What's the price difference between a quart of red and quart of black.....$20? It can't be a whole lot I wouldn't think, but I haven't priced it recently.

if you like red, do it!

I'm a fan of this one, if you're good with an airbrush.

Comment

now that is freakin SWEET!!!!!!!!!! I would love to have a paint job like that but i have never used an airbrish befor nor has anyone i know. so it is starting to sound like a solid color or 2 tone. got some time to think about it. and that is tru about the cost very true

Comment

i like chameleon colors, metallic pearl flake, if both/all colors are cool
              previous rides
              06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
              next ride - another kat

Comment

i love the way pearl looks. I have never seen a pearl red, do they make a pearl red? Looks like i need to go to the paint store and see what i like!

I am shurly going to go with red and black, just need to figure out what shade of red! i like the brighter reds more that any, maybe put a kind of metalic in the clear, just the right amount to make the bike shimmer just a little.
                Last edited by WildSide; 12-21-2009, 12:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                X