X

WHat is it now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHat is it now

OK I put a gallon of gas into the bike today before a quick ride with the wife. It was about half full when we left about a half hour later I looked down and it was in the red. What the hell I just put some in, then it slowly goes back up. Fell all the way to the bottom for about ten minutes. No problems just couldnt tell how much gas I have left. We stoped for awhile and on the way home it seemed to work but who know's. Any one else have this happen to them. It's an 03.
    2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
    vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
    JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Could be just a loose eletrical connection between the tank and the guage...

Comment

First time this ever happened?

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
        Could be just a loose eletrical connection between the tank and the guage...
        i don't know how it is with a bike, but i imagine it is the same as a cage.
        if the guage goes to empty, the problem is with a ground wire....if it goes to full, problem with a live wire.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Well on my Pre, if I leave the tank wire unplugged, the guage will read in the red. Hope it helps....

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
            Well on my Pre, if I leave the tank wire unplugged, the guage will read in the red. Hope it helps....
            WoW... I wondur why
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I am having the same problem with my 2000. So now I just use the trip meter and refule about every 180 miles..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

It's probably just the connector for the fuel level sender . Check the little cinnector that you have to pull apart to take the tank all the way off , preferably while the key's in . Mine does the same thing 'cause the wire's a bit old and worn out .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

this is the first time seem's to be working today, I can always just look into the can and see.
                  2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
                  vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
                  JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    It's probably just the connector for the fuel level sender . Check the little cinnector that you have to pull apart to take the tank all the way off , preferably while the key's in . Mine does the same thing 'cause the wire's a bit old and worn out .
                    The hell you say...
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

zip ties and electrical tape right md ?

Comment

Hey , mine still works , don't it ? : Just wait till YOUR bikes see as much action as MINE has , THEN you can talk .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                        X