Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Led replacement tail light bulb...anyone ever try??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led replacement tail light bulb...anyone ever try??

Was surfing around ebay and saw these bulbs..Anyone ever tried these and do they work better than the stock ones?

Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

The guy I bought mine from had one in there. It was kind of dim and hard to see because it dosen't project light from the sides utilizing the reflector in the tail light lense. All the light comes directly out the front of the bulb. I took it out in favor of a normal bulb and it was 100 percent better. Save your money man.......Later
    92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

LED's are always better than stock, IMO. more vibrant, and definately cooler lookin.

Comment

I use one in the Kat...........
        Ron
        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

The one I had sucked. Maybe other's are better
          92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

i did mine along time ago..i pulled them out of my chevelle that i dont drive anymore. At 6mpg $2.55 a gallon screams DONT DRIVE ME.

I like the look of LED better...more red and brighter , not too mention it looks like 2 eyes look at you, compared to light bulbs
            " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Z has led's in his tail light, integrated. They blink for the signals, and also while the brake light is on too for the signals.

Comment

I have a 48-LED bulb in my tail (had to modify the reflector tail to fit the 1.85" bulb size into it), and it works, but I got comments from a number of riders at the rally that the running lights weren't as bright as the OEM bulb... The fact that the bulb is a year old may play into it, but I would bet against it... As it was, I went through about a half-dozen different LED bulbs and kept going back to stock before I got the 48-LED bulb, since all the rest were definitively weaker than stock and this was the first one that at least the brake light was stronger.
                I've found solutions in trucking brake lights (such as for FedEx trucks, which use very large LED solutions) that are brighter, but haven't found a good way to mount and wire them (since they don't use 1157 mounts).

IMHO: stick to the OEM bulb.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have an LED in my clear tailight. Works fine, Ive never had complaints about people being able to see it, but then again I dont have a Katana either
                  Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I have one, works better then stock, and looks cooler too
                    I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Working...
                    X