X

robbed on the dyno?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robbed on the dyno?

I have been noticing something when riding my bike. It is hot and humid here during the days, and quite cool at night. During the day, my bike performs ok, but at night when it is much cooler and less humidity, it is like I am sitting on an extra 10-15hp. So it makes me wonder how much it effects you guys who go to take a run on a dyno. For those of you who have tried it in the middle of july or august, maybe you should go back later in the year....or maybe at night if possible. I am betting you might see a big increase. I am sure most of you are aware of the difference heat and humidity can make....but if not, now you do.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

well, if the air is cold, there is more "air" per unit of volume, thus more hp.....I dont know how humity effects things........

Comment

Originally posted by Black Kat
      well, if the air is cold, there is more "air" per unit of volume, thus more hp
      +1 Higher density of O2

Comment

Personally, I think the benefit of the dyno is to see how the bike is performing at different rpm under controlled conditions.

It doesn't matter what hp the dyno reports, as long as you are getting accurate fuel / air mixture info.

Everything affects everything - humidity, air pressure, elevation, temperature, etc
        I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Humidity plays a very big role in air density when jetting.

the more water vapour there is in the air..............the less O2.

Buc
          it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
            Personally, I think the benefit of the dyno is to see how the bike is performing at different rpm under controlled conditions.

It doesn't matter what hp the dyno reports, as long as you are getting accurate fuel / air mixture info.

Everything affects everything - humidity, air pressure, elevation, temperature, etc
            yes....this is true if your run on the dyno is only to make sure it is performing the best possible through the whole rpm range. i guess i am talking a bit more about "bragging rights".
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

yea i dont know bout bikes but every dyno day ive been to they have a huge fan infront of the car if not hooked up to the intake, and the on the intake manafold and hte ducting going thoughte throttle body, is a nice bag of ice.....

Comment

Working...
              X