X

What gives?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gives?

Been trying to sell my 05 kat 600 for a while now. blue and white in good shape with 25000 kms on it. I relize its out of season but I thought at $3000 cdn I shouldnt have had that many problems geting rid of it.
    It will need a new rear tire (picked up a screw in my brand new one) and rear pads but ither than that it should be ready to go.

Whats it worth?

Not sure about Canada, but around here, Nov, Dec are not good time to sell used moto. Most sellers are desperate for $$ when selling in winter.

Better off hold on to it until spring when it might fetch for more.

Comment

that's a good deal, but i know how you feel. It took me 2 months (august and september) to sell my 03 with only 7000km!!! Even then i only got $3200cdn for it

Comment

This is going to sound weird but you might do what I did.

I was selling my '99 Kat 600 with 16k on Craigslist. I posted it up asking for $2300 (US).
        I figured at that price it was a pretty good deal and ought to go pretty quick.
        It was up for three weeks and got 4 calls and no buyers.

I waited a month then reposted with a price of $3500. I had 10 offers in a week...
        All offering between $2000 - $2600. I ended up selling to a guy that just finished
        MSF a month earlier and really wanted a Kat for $2200.

Sometimes folks don't think it's a bargain unless they can haggle you to death.
        Tack on another grand and sound desperate, you'll get the original price you want.
        sigpic

Comment

i bought my 06 kat 600 for 3000$ only had 1000 miles on it!!!!
          99 Ford F150 4x4
          04 Mustang GT
          2010 Camaro SS
          06 GSX600F
          sigpic

Comment

remember when the weather was nice and warm and you where riding it every day , that when you should have been trying to sell it
            I'll go to the bank tonight and get you a $1000 cnd of coarse and pick it up tonight
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I bought my 06 600 for $3000 with 800 miles on it...but I think I got a friend deal on that.

Comment

Unless you need the money or the space I'd wait t'il spring and try again for a higher price .

lot's for sale and most listed higher than yours.
                Kyle

Comment

I dont NEED the money or space but would love both i suposse i could screw with the price but i realy dont want the pita of haggling with ppl id just like a quick painless sale for both parties.

rexazz- $1000, your oddly smooth and ouderless feet and that fancy hottub in your back yard and youv got yourself a deal-your ready for something a little newer and shinyer anyhow

Comment

1 year newer and 150 cc less not sure thats an upgrade
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

The price sounds great... the timing not so much.

Each bike I've owned I've purchased in the off season. I've saved myself a bunch of cash doing it that way. You may get lucky... keep it listed.
                      My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

It's a tough sell around the holidays. Maybe after the new year is a better time with all that Christmas money in someones hands.

Comment

Working...
                        X