Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Quick, what's the easy way to disconect throttle cable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick, what's the easy way to disconect throttle cable?

Standing here looking at this carb stack n the cable going to a very inaccesable area of the carbs IMO, wondering how you guys do it?
    For sale thread Album
    1991 Katana 600 - sold

A pair of needle nose pliers and two fingers. The needle nose are for loosening the nut and your two index fingers are for fiddling around with the cable and the spot it sits in. Don't use pliers on the cable, you will damage it.

Comment

I got it. Used a nail to push the cable end out of it's slot.
      For sale thread Album
      1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

anything that works.

Comment

kelly surgical clamps.... cyber always recommended them

Buy Surgical Supplies and Surgical Instruments on SALE! Get the Lowest Prices on Operating room equipment and Exam Room Supplies. Shop and Save now!

smaller and easier to grip and manuver the end out of the holder.

I know on my pre, i would loosen the nut, open to full throttle, pull the cable out of its holder and then maneuver to get the end out.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

When re-installing it, long flat screw driver, and open the butterflies by hand to get the notch where it's easiest to access.
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Solid advice. Thanks all, good call on the surgical clamps, that's the perfect tool.
              For sale thread Album
              1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

I've found that undoing the clamps to the engine and air fliter allow me to just roll the carb stack which ever way I need it to get the cables undone.
                Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Working...
                X