my kat is pissing me off sometimes...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my kat is pissing me off sometimes...

its my only day off for week and she wont start

im soo frustrated i dont even know what to do.
    "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

bummer.....I know the feeling. I hopped on mine this spring and broke the choke cable before I even had a chance to start it up.....took me 3 weeks to get it fixed cuz other probs added to it. So I feel your pain.
    so....what does it do? does it turn over? does it fire at all? is the battery at full charge?
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

its been like 4 days since i rode around on the bike.

it turns over and just wont start. last time this happened to me i just walked away from it and the next day i tried starting it , it started.

Comment

It must be the new curse!

Comment

So uh , you should look into that then , eh ? Maybe start by getting the tools out and playing with some stuff ?
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

4 days is more than enough for a battery to drain just enough to give minimal spark. do you have a battery charger...and if so, do you use it once in a while? It could be something as simple as that.
            batteries can be temperature sensitive. just an increase in heat can bring the volts up....cooler temp bring them down. it's a proven fact. you can see it by killing a set of batteries in a flashlight so it doesn't even light up....then set the batteries in the sun for an afternnon and then stick them back in the flashlight. It is very possible they will light it up again...albiet, for only a short period.
            It is like being on the verge ot totally dead....but not quite totalled. You battery could be acting up this way.

Comment

im gonna run to walmart right now and get one of those car jumper thing, see if that works.

Comment

I have been dealing with this issue too samsonskeg! Our motorcycles are cursed. What do you have? I have a 99 Kat 600. Some morning it starts up fine, other mornings it just wont start. It always starts after work though. Please let me know what you find out...
                I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

i have a 2000 suzuki katana 600.

Comment

i bought one of those jump starter in walmart, im going to let it charge overnight, and if that doesnt work, im gonna be pissed off tomorow.

Comment

get a battery tener from any local bike shop and leave that on your bike whenever your not riding it.....I have the california model with the fan, so i've had plenty of dead batteries untill i got one.

good luck to yea.

Comment

I must have been lucky with the altenator on both my kats. I have never had to charge my battery during any riding season. Then again, every summer was a new battery cuz it is always in dec or jan that I realize I forgot to take my battery out for winter....and by then it is frozen and finished. Last winter was the first time I remembered to do it. But at 460, I think I prefer to have a new one each season just for peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                          It must be the new curse!
                          get a bell
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

+1 on the battery tender.. u can get a tender junior that works out great and is quite portable too.

Comment

ok so i charge the jump starter all night, and tried jumping it today.. Nothing happened.. just drained the whole thing. It sputtered 2x, in the begining and the last time i tried doing it.

I tried starting the bike without the starter and it doesnt even start. Should I go out and buy a new battery?

Comment

Working...
                              X