Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Need some assistance with F1S Slip-Ons...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some assistance with F1S Slip-Ons...

This past Saturday I picked up a set of Cobra F1S slip-ons from a local bike salvage yard (Sport Wheels). They're a little dinged & dented, but good enough for me to spend $75 on them (and spend a bit of time straightening & cleaning them).

Here's my dilemma - I'm missing one of the large "compression bands" on one side. I know I could just use a large hose clamp, but I'd prefer something that looks better (even if I have to replace them both to keep consistent).

Also, there obviously were no instructions - so looking at them it appears that I have to actually cut off the stock pipes near the rear footpegs. Anyone have any suggestions for making this cut - or should I just use a thin cutoff wheel?

...even a direct contact for Cobra might be helpful (I've tried contacting a number of Cobra dealers, but have not received any responses).

Shoot them an email, I've found them to be very helpful give them about 24hrs to reply.

[email protected]

make sure you give full details and your mailing address.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris!

Sorry to hear about your accident (glad that you're OK though)... I was just reading that a minute ago - and noticed that you had the F1S on your bike when I checked your profile pics.

...If you don't mind, how did you like them and what kind of a sound did they have (lot's of slip-ons that I've heard of have a higher pitched sound, I'm hoping for something a bit deeper).

Thanks also for the link - I tried searching a ton the other day, but just couldn't find the Cobra site!

Comment

The cobras definately produce a much deeper sound than any other exhaust I have heard on a katana. It will ket louder over time, as the packing disintegrates, Mine had been running without packing since early spring. Nice and loud!

Comment

I emailed Cobra, and they emailed over the instructions (pretty simple, but what I was looking for).

They also gave me a contact number to call about getting replacement parts - they also mentioned that this line of pipes is being discontinued!

Thanks again for your help Chris!

Comment

I would cut and weld that S.O.B.

Of course, I like to destroy things, burn them, and then put them back together, so don't really listen to me.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
              Only one problem with that, You'd be welding aluminum to Chromed steel.
              I'm no professional, But I think that would pose a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskatana
                Originally posted by SweetLou
                Only one problem with that, You'd be welding aluminum to Chromed steel.
                I'm no professional, But I think that would pose a problem.
                Not nessecarily. Thos Cobra's should still have some sort of mid-pipe. Cut and weld those.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                X