X

Polished A wheel last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished A wheel last night

I though it would be much more difficult. I did the front wheel last night and will do the rear tonight. I took the wheel off and removed the rotors. Stripped it, rubbed it with steel wool, polished it, and clear coated all in about 2 hours. It looks really nice. I cant wait to get it back on and do the rear one. I'll hopefully post some pics after

good job, i did something similar years ago with my ninja 250. Just used a chemical striper to take it down to the bare metal but i failed to put any type of clear over it and ugh, it so dirty so fast and if you didnt keep it clean, out came the steel wool everytime i went to clean the bike. Cant wait to see pics.

Comment

Comment

Scotty posted up a grim reminder of what happens if you dont clear coat them after there polished. Uhhhg I can only imagin the aggh!
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Post some Pics!!

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
            Scotty posted up a grim reminder of what happens if you dont clear coat them after there polished. Uhhhg I can only imagin the aggh!
            Yup, they will look like this (mind you this is about an entire season and a half of no work on them)

After 8 hours of hand sanding, I got one 10" strip on the rear done:

Clear clear clear! Do it! Or clean them off every time you ride.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
            X