No announcement yet.
X

Ebay Fairings Finally Installed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my question is, if you already had the paint gun, why not just paint the stock fairings? no problems with durability or mounting tabs and stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by andrave View Post
      my question is, if you already had the paint gun, why not just paint the stock fairings? ..
      becuase some people could only dream of accomplishing a paint job as good as these come. I am an avid modeler and have painted several vehicles but to get these good of results you really need more equipment than most people have. here is my tank I painted and while the finish is nice, I don't think it's at the level of my fairings

Comment

I like them gold fork legs.

Comment

I thought his tank (the silver one) looked really good though.

Comment

Originally posted by andrave View Post
            my question is, if you already had the paint gun, why not just paint the stock fairings? no problems with durability or mounting tabs and stuff...
            I would like to think that I am good, But not as good as these fairings came out. Plus after you pay for paint and calculate the time that it would take to paint all the fairings and go back and cut the clear and repolish them( I am a perfectionist when it comes to paint) it was just less time consuming for me to go this route.
            Talk about droppin your bike.... How about droppin it off the trailer bringing it home from the dealer with 1 mile on it.. Yep that's me...

Comment

a friend helped me paint a GSXR metallic black once and while there was a ton of prep work involved, it turned out really well. And we had done a lot of body work, too.

Comment

Working...
              X