X

Flat tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat tire

Well on i was on my way to work this morning at 5 a.m. And igot to the exit i work off of (which is 55 miles away) when my rear end started wobbling. Low and behold a flat rear tire. Drove it another 1/4 mile on the flat to get to my works parking lot. Plugged it in the afternoon when i got off, drove 20 miles went flat again. Did get some help and finally made it home about 2 hrs later. Anyways my point is flats suck on a bike and hope never to have one again........
    99 Ford F150 4x4
    04 Mustang GT
    2010 Camaro SS
    06 GSX600F
    sigpic

damn that sucks man. i hope you got a new tire though. and i hope that dont happen to me, cross fingers.
    this is the best icon eva

Comment

Glad it held together and you didn't get tossed.

I'm scared of that happening out in Deliverance land around here and I won't be able to call for help
      Project "I wear my sunglasses at night" is complete: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103420

Comment

Sorry to hear that, yep flat tires do suck. Since you had to ride the tire for 1/4 mile to get to work, I hope that tire plug was ment as a temp fix only to get ya home.

Comment

Originally posted by uno View Post

I'm scared of that happening out in Deliverance land around here and I won't be able to call for help
          it's okay around here if you stay close to the interstate.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Just be glad it wasn't the front tire while you're going 80 down the interstate

Comment

Originally posted by csjcsj View Post
              Anyways my point is flats suck on a bike and hope never to have one again........
              Plan on having more. I usually carry a plug kit and a small compressor, and (knock on wood) so long as I have had them with me, I have had no need for them, but others have.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Will be carrying a plug kit from now on. No doubt. Where the heck do you keep a small compressor at.
                99 Ford F150 4x4
                04 Mustang GT
                2010 Camaro SS
                06 GSX600F
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by csjcsj View Post
                  Will be carrying a plug kit from now on. No doubt. Where the heck do you keep a small compressor at.
                  I have one of the little Slime compressors that sits under the seat, right behind the battery.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I have had goo luck with the gummy worm plugs in many moto tires.
                    Make sure the hole on the flat tire is honed out really well, use ample amount of tire glue and use hairdryer to dry the glue if you're in a hurry, if the glue is not sufficiently dry before you ride off, that's usually the cause of it going flat again at the same hole.
                    I have had a plug in my scooter tire for over 4000 miles, no problem whatsoever.
                    I just plugged a rear tire on my pickup last month, no problem yet.

Comment

A plug in your scooter tire and a truck tire aren't quite the same as a plug in a motorcycle tire!

Comment

Originally posted by fireball 440 View Post
                        A plug in your scooter tire and a truck tire aren't quite the same as a plug in a motorcycle tire!
                        I didn't say they are the same, but a properly plugged tire can still be used for a while, no matter the vehicle..

How many motorcycle, scooter or truck tires have you plugged?

Myself: 4 motorcycle tires, 2 scooter tires, 4 car tires, 2 pickup truck tires, 1 full size van tire.. never had a problem with my plug jobs on flat tires, they've stayed on until tire replacement due to worn tread, or vehicle sold.
                        Last edited by "K"; 11-13-2009, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fireball 440 View Post
                          Ditto, both are pretty irrelevant. Plug it until you get home and buy a new tire.
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by "K" View Post
                            I didn't say they are the same, but a properly plugged tire can still be used for a while, no matter the vehicle..

How many motorcycle, scooter or truck tires have you plugged?

Myself: 4 motorcycle tires, 2 scooter tires, 4 car tires, 2 pickup truck tires, 1 full size van tire.. never had a problem with my plug jobs on flat tires, they've stayed on until tire replacement due to worn tread, or vehicle sold.
                            Oh I don't know a hundred maybe? I've worked as a tech in 3 different auto shops. I've plugged my share of tires, I perfer to patch them from the inside but sometimes they have to be plugged. For a motorcycle tire plug it to get you home and then order a new tire, don't keep riding it until the tread is gone that's just bad advise IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by uno View Post

Is there really a threat of that happening out in "Deliverance land", or is the concern that there is little chance of getting a moto tire fixed there? I'm way off in the Southwest...is that movie scene more realistic than I imagine? I can ride anywhere in the summer...should I be more wary?

And yes, flats do suck. I'm glad you were able to manage the quarter mile or so on it.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                              X