No announcement yet.
X

OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN :cry: !! LONG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you are ok ... best of luck to you.
    ~ Lisa
    2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
    2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

You DO realize that there are other ways to die than on a bike, right? Why quit a passion just to "play it safe" is beyond me, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Sorry bro.
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Awww Chris I am so sorry. glad you got out relatively ok. Do what is best for you.
        I can't believe that last crash was 2 years ago, seems longer.

(and when you said post pics, could you maybe not put the one of your swollen testicle in?)
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Sorry .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Chris, Sorry to hear about your spill, but I'm glad you are living to talk about it!

I feel your pain. I am laid up from my recent crash, and recovering. I haven't made any decisions about whether I will buy another bike in the future; however, I respect your decision to put your family first. I know, that is a tough pill to swallow.

Best of luck getting back to 100%!
            Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

Re: OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN !! LONG

Sorry to hear about it.

Originally posted by chriskatana
              So as I lay in the ambulance thinking about my wife, my 10 year old son, and my girls, 6 and 3, I decided that it's time to let go of the sport.
              That's the one thing that makes me wonder if I should keep riding ..... and then I keep on riding. Naturally, I don't want my wife (and the 5 year old and the 1 year old) to get any of "those" phone calls, and I don't want to learn the hard way; but the consolation is that there are so many other accidents that could happen.

Anyway, good luck regardless of whether you give up riding or not.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident. Unlike some other people around here, I commend you for putting your family first and completely respect your decision.

If I had that many people depending on me, and had a couple of death defying accidents, I'd take a break too.

Take you time... let the kids get a bit older... then if you miss riding, go get yourself a bike.

No sense in riding if you're going to be paranoid and worried about your family the entire time.
                I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Chris...I feel for you bro.

I was around for your first crash and was so happy you came back to the sport.

As someone who has had two spills...I can empathize with you, take time...get better, and maybe take a "wait and see" approach.

If you give it up....that is 100% understandable, but NEVER stop checking in with us.

Comment

How about keep the bike and ride casually on weekends, when you have a lot of time to drive...comfortably...just hate to see someone quit riding.
                    Katana 750 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                      Chris...I feel for you bro.

I was around for your first crash and was so happy you came back to the sport.

As someone who has had two spills...I can empathize with you, take time...get better, and maybe take a "wait and see" approach.

If you give it up....that is 100% understandable, but NEVER stop checking in with us.
                      Hey , I've had two spills , too ! Oh yeah :-k . But I decided I wasn't going to let the road win , I'm stubborn that way . Of course , I don't have a wife and kids to worry about .... And I only seem to ride for fun anymore , not so much for running errands and commuting or anything .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Glad to hear that you are ok. Make the decision that feels right to you. If you ever get back the feeling, you could always get another bike.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Got the call today from the Insurance co.
                          It's totaled
                          $1750.03
                          Highway robbery..
                          I'm going to go cry now..

Comment

that sux

Comment

Ouch! Can you buy it back & Part it out? Or Repair & recertify it?

Comment

They will sell it back to me for 650, but I'd have to sell it out of state or part it, and I'm not up for all that.. I'll just have to suck it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X