X

Near death by fedEX ground

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near death by fedEX ground

Waiting behind this ******* to turn out of complex when he throws it in reverse. I had no where to go!!! Justed layed on the horn and pushed backwards with my legs as hard as possible. He stopped. grr

You didn't specify... but this is one situation (behind a truck) where I am always in full view of that mirror watching thier face to see what they are doing (and as such, giving me the out I need since I can pull forward beside them...).

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

never ever stop directly behind anything without a rear window. always stay in their mirrors. haven't you ever seen those stickers on the back of semi trailers?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Also, I don't recommend you stop too close to a V8 mustang either....stopped too close to one of those once... and about fell over from the exhaust....
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Thanks. I learned it the hard way

Comment

One of the two accidents in my last CAR... I pulled up to a gas pump, watched a guy get in the Dodge Ram in front of me, toss it in reverse, and hit the gas. He pushed me back about six feet or so, and didn't realize he hit me until I honked the horn.

I'm very glad I hadn't gotten out of the car and was walking between the two vehicles.

As for keeping in view of the mirrors, that's a good tip. I haven't encountered the situation yet and I'm not sure I would have thought about keeping to the side like suggested.
            Project "I wear my sunglasses at night" is complete: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103420

Comment

Maybe it is just that time for the FedEx guys.....although I wasn't on my bike, I got cut off three times this morning by one going down the interstate....snow packed and icy. Each time I went to switch lanes so would he and when I was about 5 ft from his bumper. If I wasn't late for work I would of followed him to the station, (nearby), and ratted on his a$$. Now some may say...he didn't see me, but I was driving a 1ton 4door diesel pickup!

As for the riding behind trucks....I also like to keep close to the edges so I can watch them. As the sticker says....If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                Also, I don't recommend you stop too close to a V8 mustang either....stopped too close to one of those once... and about fell over from the exhaust....
                lol
                this is the best icon eva

Comment

My friend has his bike crushed this way. A truck had pulled too far into an intesection so when the light turned red he put it in reverse. He only had time to bail and leave the bike. Luckily you didnt get squished.
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

wow glad truck stopped! makes me wanna upgrade to a train horn in my bike
                    sigpic

Comment

whever I stop behind a vehicle at an light, sign, or heavy traffic, I am always on one side of their mirrors or the other. With a hair-trigger finger on the horn and brights
                      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

glad you and the bike are okay, that could have sucked though.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                          That's how I feel riding behind all the carbed and open loop FI bikes at the rally.
                          Pics
                          Pics
                          No pics yet
                          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

And it is all about escape routes, especially around delivery vehicles. They are prone to making erratic moves.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet
                            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                              That's how I feel riding behind all the carbed and open loop FI bikes at the rally.
                              Yeah, don't get too close to James either

(on or off the bike)
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X