• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired as hell of..(ON TOPIC RANT)

adding stickers, its not a mod
    removing stickers, also not a mod
    clear signal, baby mod.
    Seems like every day someone buys a bone stock Katana and "makes it different" by putting on the same signals everyone has, removing the stickers or throwing some on, or sticking gutter gaurd somewhere. I know there's quite a few people on here that heavily mod and I do recognize alot of cool bikes on this board but cmon people try somethin different for a change. And those of you that really mod post up those pics for inspiration, http://www.katriders.com/forums/albu...php?pic_id=772 that is a nice mod
    And if you ride a stock katana w/clear lights and a slip on you got from dennis kirk, and you peel your stickers off don't tell someone who's very pleased with a different look "u have alot of work to do"
    have alot of work to do? I could just go out and buy a bunch of bolt on crap and have the same bike i've seen 21312455462 times.
    but your missing fairings.. oh sh*t I wonder what that'll do to my laptimes at laguna seca It's just a katana, I barely get to hit 100 but maybe 1 time a year when i'm feeling reckless on a dark empty road.
    Other than top speed what do fairings do beside make carb cleanings take twice as long...
    Also if you have zip ties holding on ANY major body part don't give anyone advice, ask for some instead
    Sorry for the rant, just tired of people coming down on me cause my bike isn't the same or the right color.. I just happen to like naked bikes and I think the mechanicals of this bullet-proof lump we ride are something to be proud of, i mean talk about withstanding abuse I got a Kat so wrecked it came with 2 bad wheels and 4 boxes of sh*t.
    2 years later and alot of blood and sweat I'm happy not to have your kat
    /end rant

PS

my avatar may read squid but ive been in the bike game awhile and actually have quite a bit of $$(10 yrs of student loans) into learning about bikes rather than buying one

Comment

Re: Tired as hell of..(ON TOPIC RANT)

Originally posted by crazkene13
      adding stickers, its not a mod
      removing stickers, also not a mod
      clear signal, baby mod.
      Disagree.

According to Websters....

Modification : the making of a limited change in something; also : the result of such a change

There are 2 different kinds of mods...

1. Cosmetic
      2. Performance

Just because a particular modification doesn't make something go faster, doesn't mean it isn't a modification.

Comment

Originally posted by crazkene13
        Also if you have zip ties holding on ANY major body part don't give anyone advice, ask for some instead
        Hey now , watch it there , bud ....
        I may have used my fair share of zipties until I could find proper bolts , but I can field strip my carbs in a parking lot and have them put back together again in AND on the bike probably less time than you can even bolt on your bodywork (which I realize you DON'T have , but you get my point) .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          I can field strip my carbs in a parking lot and have them put back together again in AND on the bike probably less time than you can even bolt on your bodywork
          And some of us know this to be true.

Comment

so your bike is ultra modded because you took the plastic off it? some people like more subtle mods and others have a very limited budget for mods. so adding/removing stickers and mesh are inexpensive mods that "personalize" a bike. as long as the person is happy with his mod choices, who cares what you or anyone else thinks.

Comment

Who peed in his corn flakes?

Next time try making a coherent point.

Let me see if I got your message right: buy a wrecked katana, remove all the fairings, and don't keep the stock signals, but don't buy the flush mounts from dennis kirk, also modify the bike, but don't use a slip on.

Sorry, I just checked your profile - looks like a wrecked katana being put back together and saving money by going naked.

ps: is that primer on the rear section and front fender?
              I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

erm dude what about the true beauty of the head light?

without your front fairing you add 25 extra hourse and take off 5 pounds of weight come on...

of ya and the plastic

there is another 25 hours and 10 pounds of weight being that both sides are off.

and that bungee cord on the bottom fairing holding it to the bike there is another 50 hours plus 3 ounces off...

unfortnatlly im loosing most of this great horse of almost 200 now with this MODS and getting some fairings and a front fairing so erm.... shit there goes that mod ...

oh wait they didn't add any horse my engine is shot forgot about that...

usless rant everyone has there own likes and dislikes. oblious yours is showing your beef others is hiding it with more areo dynmic looks and alot of people get there bike over 100 on any given day so....

Comment

Just because you may not spend tons of money on mods does'nt mean it's not a mod. So you get tired of hearing people say they did a mod and it was only a mesh mod or decal removal or clear lights well I got news for you buddy, probably 90% of the people on this forum consider them mods. You know you have to start somewhere. What you are tired of hearing as "so called mods" may have taken somebody who is not the best with tools a whole day to complete. And when he or she can stand back and enjoy a feeling of accomplishment on how their bike looks after their hard work, thats what it's all about. Live and let live. So next time before you start putting down people about how they mod their bikes take a look at your own first. I could go there but it would be too easy! Nuf said
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Highly disagree. Somepeople like subtle mods, just enough to change the appearance and make it sound better. Others like to completely change the complexity of the bike. Its all in what you like. But a mod is a mod, whether its just chopping off the shovel or installing a jet kit or anything inbetween.

Plus know this too, not everybody has alot of money to spend on their bikes, so they do what they can w/ what they have.

Comment

And I really hate when people make long posts that make lots of people mad without using proper punctuation and grammar.

Comment

What other uses are fairings aside from top speed?
                        They act as weather protection (many of us get caught out regularly) to minimize how soaked we get.
                        They also double as frame sliders in the event of a fall (protecting the frame from damages).
                        And personally, I like the look of them (part of the reason I bought this particular brand/make of bike, twice now).

As for zip-ties, there are several places where your basic choices are the stock plastic push-snaps Suzuki uses or a zip-tie (such as the bottom center of the 98+ windshield); the zip-tie holds tighter, is cheaper and is much easier to remove (cut away).

As for mods:
                        When you change tire brands to one that gives you better grip, you have shifted from the original factory configuration. That is a mod. If you go to any aftermarket parts, those are by definition mods, whether it's brake pads or stickers, seating or jetting, etc. Many mods are not readily visible but still have merit. The real question is whether you are modding for a purpose (to suite your tastes, to suite your riding style, to suite some particular mission, etc.). To date, all my mods have been performance and/or touring-oriented, because those are what I value. No, my bike doesn't look as pretty as Speedee's or Beekman's, but I cover serious miles on it regularly in good comfort at very high speeds without any mechanical concerns (such as the 3k miles I laid back getting to, around and back from the KR rally).

Sorry if someone(s) around here stepped on your toes... Deal.

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

word

Comment

dude its w0rd

Comment

I don't tend to tolerate, associate or even waste my time with inconsiderate punks who put others down for trying to express themselves with whatever imagination they have. Even if all their imagination comes from copying others or doing small mods. But for you I have one comment...

Earn a little respect around here before you go throwing spew out of your mouth. Not one person will agree with you entirely, but NO ONE wants to here the kind of crap you are talking. In my opinion, you were just drunk and didn't reallize you were saying what you were. I hope that you will calm down a little and think before you type. You should spend more time modding your own Kat and less time criticizing others'.

PS... If you need help or have questions, just ask. EVERYONE here has a mod of some sort and most of us are available everyday for advice.
                              Why bother doing anything if you cannot
                              "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

Working...
                              X