X

Ok here's the plan...I think???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok here's the plan...I think???

Ok I've been talking about the mods on my bike..even posted a few pics after I did the seat now I need to get some advice...

I want to chrome a bunch of stuff...swing arm, top triple, rims, rear brake torque arm, spring, misc parts and both front and rear calipers...yes the calipers also..anyone done this? Is it a real pain in the butt? I haven't priced out chroming yet but does anyone have any idea what it would cost to do all this stuff at once or should I do a few pieces at a time?

Also finished the bar ends and front pegs..I'll post pics of those later....
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Unless you have alot of play money and dont mind taking some time off from riding to wait. I'd suggest doing a couple pieces at a time. Really all depends on where you get your work done. Im not familiar with places out on the west coast where you live. But there are alot of places over on this end of the country that can take good care of you for a good price. HS2020 and Z have had parts chromed for a steal. Cant remember the name of the places they go to though, but im sure they'll post up soon.

Comment

Here are a few more of the mods I recently did:

Bar Ends:

Foot Pegs:

Mirror Block Off Plates, Bullet Bolts:

Bike With Mods:

I'm going to relocate the mirrors. Don't like the way they look and hard to see behind me. May put them on the outside of the screen...
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084

Comment

I go through brown's chorming.. in paducah Ky.. really cheap really good and they only do motorcycles.. however theywill not do rims and frames..nor swing arms..

for august the owner just emailed me and said they are giving 10% off their plating service..

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Those bar ends and pegs are just wicked!!

Comment

Very nice job, you a member of the N.R.A. by chance.
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
              Those bar ends and pegs are just wicked!!
              Those pegs and handlebar ends gives a new meaning to a "Drive By Shooting"!

Comment

I used to be a card holding member..now just a wannabe....

You think those are wicked just wait till the rear pegs are done ...still in the idea process on those but they will be different from the front ones...also have a few ideas about that rear light but not sure how to implement it ....oh well back t o the drawing board...

Comment

Have you considered polishing?It's a little cheaper then plateing.
                  97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Yes but not sure on how to do it....also thought of anodizing (sp) but not sure how much it would be and how it would turn out...I was looking into the Powder Coating...they have a Chrome Powder Coat now but a little hesitant about it since I'm not sure how it would turn out or how durable it would be..

Comment

Actually,I have my header pipe powder coated with the chrome powder coat your talking about,The finish is shiny,But not quite as shiny as chrome,And it's also extremely durable,I found someone here that does it locally,It cost 70.00 dollars to do it,And compared to how my header pipe use to look,It looks 100 times better now.
                      97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Can you post some pics...I'd like to see what it looks like...may be cheaper just to powder coat everything...got a guy that will do all my parts for $150.00 plus the price of the powder coat...he's a friend of my Dad's business and does powder coating for a living...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X