X

Dealing w/ tailgaters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing w/ tailgaters

There's nothing worse than a cage riding your azz while you are on your bike. So how do you deal w/ them?

Its not so bad on the highways becuz you can just lose them w/ a twist of the throttle, but in town or in traffic, it can get quite annoying and alittle scarey when they insist on pulling up right on your arse everytime you stop!

Get off the bike, walk up to their window and knock. Tell them you don't appreciate them being so close, and that because of simple physics, you can brake in less than 2/3rds the distance they can -- even discounting for any human reaction speeds. Most people are so startled that you came up to their window that they back off...

Either that, or simply pull over and wave them around. Then hang back, because you know they are tailgating the person in front of them...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I think if you stop and tell them that, most of them won't have a clue what you just said anyways ! Atleast not the drivers around here !

Comment

I think if I got off my bike and walked back most of them would roll up their window and shiat their pants.
        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

could always be the pissed of bad news because OBLIOUSLY they are in a hurry to get somewhere so you got even slower and slower and slower.. then if they try to do an illegal pass just erm ya speed up you knwo we all can do that faster then almost any car out there..

so ya make there life misrible then avter a bit of doing this reffer to cyberpoets post and let them know if they stay off your ass you will speed up and go the real speed limit not the one you made up lol

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Get off the bike, walk up to their window and knock. Tell them you don't appreciate them being so close, and that because of simple physics, you can brake in less than 2/3rds the distance they can -- even discounting for any human reaction speeds. Most people are so startled that you came up to their window that they back off...

Either that, or simply pull over and wave them around. Then hang back, because you know they are tailgating the person in front of them...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            in mass, if you get off your motorcycle, to talk to another motor vehicle operator, 3 options appear
            1 he will panic and drive off, prob hit your bike thats parked in front of him and the wild chase begins.
            2 operator of cage gets out of car, and fights back with force, hes enraged and now a fight has broke out.
            3 they have already rear ended you, because MASSACHUSETTS CAGERS ARE STOOPID!!!!

every day i gotot work, on my bike, and without failure, some asshat has to be 2 inches from my tire. it pisses me right the hell off.
            ------------------------------------------------------
            Lean in Lean out.
            ------------------------------------------------------
            1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
            2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
            2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
            2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've encountered this, and I always use (even in a cage) a combination of Cyber and Woody's post. The closer they get to me, the slower I go. Normally they get the point, and once they back off a bit, I'll speed up. If that doesnt work, at the next light we hit, I gently dismount my bike, and politely ask the driver if he would refrain from breaching the 4 second protocal. Or something like that .

Comment

I look back at them at take my hand and motion for them to back off. If that doesn't work then a quarter will do just fine at lifting the clear coat off a car. not that I have ever done that. Most of the time I do what I said above or just move over and let them go around.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I deal with tail gaters the same on the bike as in the car.. I show them just how slow I can go..
                  I'll keep slowing down 5 mph every 10 seconds or so..

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
                    I look back at them at take my hand and motion for them to back off.
                    I've done this several times and it worked.

Comment

I usually just kinda half-turn and stare at them for a second (after making sure I'm not about to run into anything) . Seeing a six-foot tall dude dressed in head to toe black leather on a beat-up bike give 'em the eye usually does it . I USED to like hockin big loogs straight up in the air for them back in my "cruiser days" , but that doesn't work so well with a full-face helmet .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        I usually just kinda half-turn and stare at them for a second (after making sure I'm not about to run into anything) . Seeing a six-foot tall dude dressed in head to toe black leather on a beat-up bike give 'em the eye usually does it . I USED to like hockin big loogs straight up in the air for them back in my "cruiser days" , but that doesn't work so well with a full-face helmet .
                        How many times did you try hockin a loog with your full-face helmet before you gave up?

Comment

I have heard of a couple different approaches.
                          One, a few old lug nuts work well, no recommended though.
                          Second if it was me, I would just badge em.

Comment

Originally posted by Newrider2000
                            Originally posted by md86
                            How many times did you try hockin a loog with your full-face helmet before you gave up?
                            Only twice .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

to bad we aren't driving really fast old cars that resemble tanks... if so you could just step on the breaks and break check them.. they hit you there fault they were to close poor bastards not to mention that sharp neck and back pain you are all the sudden feeling god i feel a lawsuit comming for the stupid now lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X