X

anyone paint their calipers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone paint their calipers

I've got an 06 that is suzuki blue/white. I've been toying with painting the calipers. Anyone done that? What color should I do? How does the paint hold up to the brake fluid.

Automotive supply places like Napa have special paint for painting brake parts
    there are spray cans or brush on and designed for the heat

I did the calipers on my car , I used High temp engine paint (cadilaic blue) because it was nearly the same as the body color

The cleaner everything is the better the finish and durability

Brake fluid will be a problem if its on there very long , wash away as soon as possible
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by BobCarter View Post
      I've got an 06 that is suzuki blue/white. I've been toying with painting the calipers. Anyone done that? What color should I do? How does the paint hold up to the brake fluid.
      VHT has nice stuff for that!

Stand the heat with our very high temperature automotive paint for exterior and interior application.

As mentioned by rexazz2, preparation is the key!

Comment

I used G2 Caliper Paint on mine. My Kat is an 04 and I went with red calipers (I'll load some photos when I get a chance). As everyone else said, preparation is the key, although G2 makes it easy with everything needed included in the kit. Mine came out very nice and the red looks sharp against the rest of the bike. While you have the calipers off, rebuild them if needed and switch over to braided steel lines. You'll be glad you did.

Good luck with the painting. Post some photos when you're done.
        sigpic

In Life, you either lead, follow, or circumnavigate the whole process....

Comment

It would appear as though the previous owner painted my calipers red... I dunno what kind of paint was used, but I would venture to guess that it is pretty cheap. See my garage for pics.
          Nuff said.

Comment

When I painted my calipers I went with the standard black color. I did use the paint designed for calipers and I bought the brush on type.

One issue I had was the paint is very thin and dries very quickly when it's warm outside. Because of how quickly it dried, I have brush strokes in the paint. If was to do it again, I'd either paint indoors where the temps would be cooler or use a spray can.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Ive used PJ1 engine paint lightly baked on & its been like that for 3 years with no fading or chipping
              Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
                Ive used PJ1 engine paint lightly baked on & its been like that for 3 years with no fading or chipping
                baked how? you just hang em in the oven? (all seriousness implied)

Comment

Or you could always powder coat them... We do them all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by 88kat60009 View Post
                    baked how? you just hang em in the oven? (all seriousness implied)
                    I hang small bits in a sealed steel cabinet & leave a hot air gun blasting on them for an hour, you'd be surprised how much heat it generates
                    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
                    X