Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I didn't even get it off the truck yet...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't even get it off the truck yet...

....and i got a compliment.

On the way home from buying my 2000 Kat (pics in the introductions forum) I stopped to get gas and a guy pulls up next to the truck on a Ninja ZX-7R and says "Nice bike man, is that a gixxer?" Nope, it's a Katana. Always feels good to get a compliment.

What doesn't feel good though is when your truck's (or your roomates truck, as it was in my case) tire blows out on the freeway What makes it even better is when there is no tire iron in the truck Thank god for AAA
    - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

Congrats on the compliment.

What was his reaction when he found out it wasn't a gixxer???

Buc
    it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Get this, I tell him, "No it's a Katana," and he says, "what's the difference?"
      - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

Comment

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect....

buc
        it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

that thang gota Hemi????
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

getting those lingering looks (especially from the girls) is a great feeling. and compliments just make your day. and now, a story:

My nephew is a motor officer here in nashville. a couple years ago he was going to a call in full lights and sirens and a lady pulled out in front of him!!!!! he got a broken ankle out of it. so the following turkey day he is telling his story to the family gathering. during the story he says his chinstrap was unbuckled. a cousin asked how his helmet stayed on and his stepdad said- "what he does is put the helmet on and then stands in front of a mirror and his head swells in tight". the room erupted in laughter

Comment

hahaha

pretty sad when someone doesn't know all that much about the bikes out there im just starting to learn but i know the basics between most of them

Comment

ya i've come to find out no many people know the difference between a gixxer and katana. They just go out and buy the gixxer cause everyone else has one.
                " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

There's no question there is difference between the Kat and the GSXR. However in my opinion you can have just as much fun on a Katana and pay half the insurance. I''m only paying $11.06 per month for my 750!

Comment

I'm surprised that guy didn't know the difference between a Katana and a GSXR. I saw 7 bikes in a group last week leaving the amusement park. 5 of them were GSXRs (one of which did a stoppie at the red light and then a wheelie for like a mile when he got the green). GSXRs are so common around here you have to know what they look like if you ride! In a way though, it does kinda make sense. I can tell most Suzuki bikes apart, but there are some other brands that look the same to me at first glance as I've not seen too many of them.

Comment

Nothing like the old technology. Guy at work here is always saying off the wall things about the old tecnology of my B12s, he rides an FZR but paid a whole lot more for it.

Comment

congrats on the new ride and the props !!

Comment

you MUSt be rich.. i can only afford AA...
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Working...
                          X