X

this sux! (short rant)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this sux! (short rant)

i have to vent. it really sux that i have to ride around with a busted mirror and flasher. i have never done this before. i really miss my mirror. it is on the left hand side at that...the one i use the most. and people look. i can see it. people walk by and they seem to focus on the busted parts. stupid mirror stem sticking out...busted up flasher....1/2 a clutch handle. i look like some squid who dropped his bike. i know it is common and no offense to those who have dropped it, but you can relate. it is not the finest moment for your ego. what makes it worse is that i have brand new parts in suzuki packaging just waiting to go on. i shouldn't complain cuz i am going to make $ from it....but it is well earned just cuz it is a pain in the ass. i hate riding a bike around that looks damaged. it bugs me.

one thing though....i am glad i had the forsight to snatch up all these parts cheap on ebay. it was moments like this that i was thinking of.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

So can't you just fix it, then no more stares of shame?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

What happened to the flasher? In your damage pics post you said it was good...
      Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

You're so vain! I feel the same way though all the time. I think it's called the Spotlight Effect. You think everyone is focusing on your broken parts...or your bad hair cut...or your stupid shirt, but really hardly anyone notices.

You could also try riding REALLY fast and that way no one knows what that blur was anyway .

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
          So can't you just fix it, then no more stares of shame?
          can't do anything until the insurance says, "go ahead". if they feel a need to come back and take a look at the bike, i will have some explaining to do.

Originally posted by JDS
          What happened to the flasher? In your damage pics post you said it was good...
          i though it was good, but after looking at it closely, i noticed the long stem that sticks out and is threaded for my lense was broke off. there is no way to attach the lens now.

Originally posted by midqetsex
          You're so vain! I feel the same way though all the time. I think it's called the Spotlight Effect. You think everyone is focusing on your broken parts...or your bad hair cut...or your stupid shirt, but really hardly anyone notices.
          ya...maybe a bit. but only when it comes to my bike. my car looks like a pos. busted headlight lense in the front, flasher too from hitting a deer. paint peeling around my fender wells.....it needs a good paintjob.....looks like crap. but i don't care. it is just a cage. nothing but a tool and a means of transportation. the bike is different. the only time i am vain is when it come to bikes and women. i will plead guilty to that. that is why i am ranting.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I tottally understand the rant. I can pretty much care less what kinad car I have. I would like a jeep someday, but that is a while off.

I am dying to get my bike back together, right now it looks like a alien, and I get lots of strange looks.

Until then, flick people off, and move along
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
            X