No announcement yet.
X

Punctured Tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a blowout in the front at 80, and a blowout on back at 75. I liked the back blowout better, but didn't drop either bike either time. MD86 (Matt) plugged my back tire at the rally and I made it back to Texas and put 1,000 more miles on it...didn't even think twice...but then again, it was Matt who fixed it...and there's magic in his fingers when he works on bikes, bless him.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
      MD86 (Matt) plugged my back tire at the rally and I made it back to Texas and put 1,000 more miles on it...didn't even think twice...but then again, it was Matt who fixed it...and there's magic in his fingers when he works on bikes, bless him.
      Wasn't me . I've NEVER plugged a tire . Had it done for me once or twice . I DO change tires , though . I "supervised"as your tire was being plugged , though . Just can't remember for sure who did it . Wanting to say it was JayBell for some reason ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
        Wasn't me . I've NEVER plugged a tire . Had it done for me once or twice . I DO change tires , though . I "supervised"as your tire was being plugged , though . Just can't remember for sure who did it . Wanting to say it was JayBell for some reason ....

Pacerman...Jack Daniels and I had been visiting as I recall.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

similar thing happened to me but I don't ride on patched or plugged tires. on a bike you only have 2 of em and if youre like me, happen to be leaned over on them a good portion of the time. not an area to try to skimp out on. Patch the old one and sell it on ebay to someone in more dire straights.

Comment

I'm leaned over on mine most of the time as well. Just about all of the time.

Got a staple in the Gixxer's rear tire. Plugged it. Rode it til it was bald on the sides, replaced.

Send me the tire. I will plug it, ride it til it falls off and love every minute of it. :

Steel belted radials just don't pop like bias-ply tires. If the hole is in the center of the tread of the rear tire, plug it. If the hole is in the front tire (ever and anywhere), replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post
              If the screw was in the center of the tread, plug it.

I know, I know...."it's your life and yadda yadda."

I have said this before, but I plugged a nearly new Pilot Power rear that had a hole big enough to require 3 rope-type plugs. Yes...THREE. I rode that tire from nipples to wear bars with those plugs in it. I rode it without speed limits, I rode it two up, I rode it on an end-to-end-back-to-end , I rode it from London to wales....all without issue.

If it were the front, I would replace it and fast. Center of the rear, you will be fine plugging or patching it. Hell, if you end up buying a new one, send the holy one to me. I'll plug it and ride it. No sweat. :

The only time I did not ride it was at track days.

Tok

Comment

If any of you guys actually do want the tire, let me know and I'll sell it to you guys for like 50 bucks for you to plug/patch or do whatever you want to it. It's a high mileage tire, so far it has about 2000-3000 miles. I'll put up a pic if you guys want.
                Meow. -Count_Filth's_Katana

Comment

Working...
                X