X

No go at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciso
    My Bandit will flat out at about 150 indicated, which means about 145-148 actual.
    It tops out there due to physics, namely wind wall.
    Still more to give if the aerodynamics would allow.
    I thought the carbs were pretty much alike between the Katana and the Bandits ?

You kidding? I have had mine at a indicated 172 with some left...... That's with a tank bag on too

I have seen 145 indicated on the Kat before the advancer.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Bouncing off the rev limiter on my 98 750, my bike indicates 158ish. Not sure exactly howfast that really is.
      Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blkpitbull
        Bouncing off the rev limiter on my 98 750, my bike indicates 158ish. Not sure exactly howfast that really is.
        +/- 10 mile per hour LOL
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
          Originally posted by ciso
          My Bandit will flat out at about 150 indicated, which means about 145-148 actual.
          It tops out there due to physics, namely wind wall.
          Still more to give if the aerodynamics would allow.
          I thought the carbs were pretty much alike between the Katana and the Bandits ?

You kidding? I have had mine at a indicated 172 with some left...... That's with a tank bag on too

I have seen 145 indicated on the Kat before the advancer.
          Could be that I am an old coward and couldn't hang with it, but pulling 142 in third is a rush.
          Besides Sarge, I was Navy and you know how the wave riders are....LOL

Comment

It's cool. I was just wondering why there was such a difference. Now I know you were not using all the gears

I dooooo love my Bandit
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

It's cool. I was just wondering why there was such a difference. Now I know you were not using all the gears

I dooooo love my Bandit
              Still am an old coward.......My Bandit is certainly the ride of choice, I love the power and the Corbin, when I get ready to go to work there is usually not much thinking about what I am going to ride.......

Comment

well, it was the vacuum hose that goes to the petcock. It had a permentent kink in it. I slapped a new hose on there, and it runs like a champ. with the kink in the vacuum hose, the fuel wasnt allowed to go to the carbs, so the engine was starving for fuel and dieing out. Hope that helps out anyone with a similar problem. was an easy fix.

Comment

See as how we are talking about speed and all, why would my bike wobble at 90 to 100 on a fairly new stretch of highway on a new 05 750? And here come the wise cracks is it because i am a new rider or do i need to adjust something on the bike? Or do I need a steering dampener? Seemed Like everyone else was doing ok except for me.
                  Ride On,
                  Jon

Comment

Three most likely reasons on an '05:

(A) The front tire is unevenly worn, scalloped or cupped, and possibly under pressurized for your weight. Depending on how many miles you have on the front, you may also be out of balance on the tire.

(B) The bike was dropped at some point, and one of the handle bar extensions (the things the grips actually mount to) isn't perfectly even with the other one.

(C) The rear wheel isn't aligned straight to the rest of the bike. You simply don't notice it before that speed, when it forms a harmonic with the front.

My guess is (A).

You can find a lot more by visiting these threads:

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The FIRST thing I would check to avoid a high speed wobble would be air pressure.

This one almost killed me a few years back. Seriously. I STILL don't know how I stayed on that bike.
                      Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

The FIRST thing I would check to avoid a high speed wobble would be air pressure.

This one almost killed me a few years back. Seriously. I STILL don't know how I stayed on that bike.

+1000 to that!! Happened to me last year. Combined with the freeway grooves out here, it scared the pee outta me!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Regarding the high speed wobble. I experienced it once on my 1981 XS400 Yamaha "standard" bike (no fairing). I was trying to lay flat on the bike, sitting on the passanger seat with my feet on the rear pegs. The front end got too light, causing the violent wobble.

So maybe if the rider is a big person and is sitting toward the back of the bike to be in a flat tuck, the front end will get too light. Just a thought.

Comment

I don't think the front of a Katana would get real light just by doing that ....
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Holy double-post .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

my stock 2005 kat 600 will put the speedo at about 148mph around 11.5k rpms. never have a fuel problem. but when im running it hard in lower gears, and i run it over 11,000 rpms, it doesnt feel like a rev limiter on a FI engine... but it feels like the ignition is cut off... like previously explained.

Originally posted by KAT6
                                I dont have that problem I just ran it last night on the Howard franklin Bridge which is about 7 miles I was wide open and I was right at 10.5 when the rev limiter kicked in and I just held it at 10k rpm for the rest of the bridge and no problem. I do have stock gearing also.

Joe
                                YES! THANK GOD FOR THE HF BRIDGE! whenever i get a new car or bike, i take it to the bridge to see how she'll run.

and btw, my front end is light in my avatar pic

Comment

Working...
                                X