X

they might scrap my bike ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they might scrap my bike ...

the insurance adjuster came to look at the bike today. the first thing he said was that for a 93, my bike was in very good shape, so he is going to do all possible to fix it up like before. I didn't have to point things out....he was like, "did this hapen in the fall? did that happen in the fall?". I was like yup, yup....umm, no that was there (couldn't say yes to everything).
    Anyway, there is the possibility they might just scrap it. I made it very clear that it will only happen if I got what I think it is worth, and that I have the option of buying it back. Anything less than that goes to court.
    So now I just have to wait and see what they decide.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

What a pain

I would definitely buy it back, parts for your other one and it's
    worth a lot parting it out on Ebay.
    'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

It did'nt seem like there was enough damage to scrap it. Was there??

Comment

Wow , that would suck .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Wouldn't it ultimately be your choice as to whether to scrap it or not?
          brought to you by the letter S, and the number 1

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
            It doesn't take much to total a bike these days.
            Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
              Originally posted by mx916
              It doesn't take much to total a bike these days.
              What a shame. Unless you make out on the deal of course!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by FatBlue
                Wouldn't it ultimately be your choice as to whether to scrap it or not?
                they have some policy about only paying up to 30% of the vehicle value in repairs. The bike is worth $3-3500, so anything over $1000 in damage is enough to make them wish to scrap it.

They look at it this way....$3000 bike...$1000 to repair......however, it is still on the road and if it happens again, that is another $1000 on a $3000 bike...so instead of risking paying out more than the bike is worth in 2 or more claims, they just scrap it.

However, the guy said he hopes it doesn't come to that. If they do, I am buying that ol' school kat up the road, and I will buy mine back from insurance and fix it up, get it inspected, then run it again. Especially easy to do considerring I already have all the parts to fix it except for the tail section. I have 4 tails, but none the right color.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan! I should probably find out if my insurance co. has the same policy of only paying out 30%.
                  brought to you by the letter S, and the number 1

Comment

Could be a blessing in disguise!
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                      Could be a blessing in disguise!
                      it definately is. the guy who did my estimate for the actual work is a very close friend of mine. he is just going to take the job for the insurance...if they decide to have it fixed, then he will hand the check over to me. I just have to pay the taxes on the job....and slip him $100 for his trouble. I already have the parts from my spare stuff, so I will make a few bucks. that is why I will let my bike go at a real good price. i want that old kat....and owning 3 bikes is more than i care to own at the moment.

Comment

Man that blows dude, we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya.

Comment

atleast the insurance adjuster wasn't a total ass so hopfully he might be able to pull a string or to to get the stuff replaced instead

Comment

Originally posted by 21CA_Woody
                            atleast the insurance adjuster wasn't a total ass so hopfully he might be able to pull a string or to to get the stuff replaced instead
                            It is because he rides himself. He told me he would be pretty disappointed if they scrapped his bike over the minor damage like I have. That is why he is going to do his best to get it fixed up right.

Comment

Working...
                            X