X

Imaginary mod choices poll.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by md86
    Gotta go with the power . Lord knows I could use some cosmetic upgrades , but I can't see the sides of the bike while I'm riding it !
    Got that right !!

Gimme the power too ! vvrrooommm !

Comment

SolarGuard!
      So I can be as fast as Da-Nuks!

Comment

a couple of you guys might know where im going with this but dream mod KATBUSA

but i would probally take the horses

Comment

since it's supposed to be my wife's bike, I'd have to go with option C. She won't need any more power, and the wheels on there are round, which works great, no need to replace them. So, she'd want it "prettied" up, so C it would be.
          01000010 01101001 01101100 01101100 01111001 01000010 01100001 01100100 01000001 01110011 01110011

Comment

all of the above, LOL
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              Originally posted by Lagmo
              I hate this...

A: Illegal
              B: Illegal
              C: Legal, if you exclude the swingarm and light mods

Sooo.. guess i want a bitching new paintjob
              Why would (B) lighter wheels be illegal -- isn't TUV standard good enough for the Danish government approvals?

Curious...
              =-= The CyberPoet
              A: Illegal, for loads of reasons anything >20% means you have to get the bike re-examined and then pay extra registration fees. Also it'd likely mean an engine swap as well (which isn't certified in combination with the frame)

B: Rims are type certified with the frame & suspension, it's ok if you can find a manufacturer that'll provide certification papers. But as for Mix'n Match it's a no go. The swingarm is considered part of the frame, swap it and according to the rules it's a new 'type' model with all the problems associated there with.
              TÜV parts are approved though, assuming it's matched for the correct model bike
              (parts that need TÜV/Type cert. that i'm currently aware of; Rims, brake discs & calipers, master cylinders, frames, engines, exhausts, shocks and forks.)

C: Just found out they've changed the law regarding mudflaps! : means i can chop off that god awfull shovel now
              But from what i've heard they're still Nazi's about which kind of license plate and light mountings you make.

BTW; It's not always totally grim, those are just the Rules/law.
              But from some of the stories i hear, most inspectors have NO clue what they're doing.
              I doubt most of them could spot a GSX-R 1100 in a Kat, untill it's started up and taken for a test run
              You'd have a pretty good chance of changing shocks, forks and rims or maybe even swapping the engine, assuming you keep the dual pipe setup, as they're evil about exhausts b/c of emissions etc.
              -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Note to self - Denmark may have hot chicks, but it ain't a motorcylce friendly country...
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  Note to self - Denmark may have hot chicks, but it ain't a motorcylce friendly country...
                  Same with cars for that matter :P

Chicks maybe hot.. but swedes have Hot chicks too + no registration taxes + reasonable inspection laws 8)

I should move

Comment

The rims don't really interest me. I'd love to have the extra HP or the bodywork. In the end, I'd probably go with the bodywork as it would make the bike stand out more.

Comment

Chicks maybe hot.. but swedes have Hot chicks too + no registration taxes + reasonable inspection laws 8)

I should move
                      I'm game. Lets go!

How do I get all my stuff overseas though.....????
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

actually, there is one mod i wish i could do. that is a chrome package. frame, swingarm, fork tubes...just those 3 things. then powdercoat the rest. but the price to do that is a bit steep.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I should move
                          Don't the Swedes come to Denmark to buy beer in bulk? I know the Norwegians do...

=-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I should move
                            I'm game. Lets go!

How do I get all my stuff overseas though.....????
                            Well you're such a great modder... 1100 engine and everything 8)
                            I bet you could turn your Kat into a paddle-steamer or something

Originally posted by CyberPoet
                            Don't the Swedes come to Denmark to buy beer in bulk? I know the Norwegians do...

Laughing
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Would come in VERY handy too, for when we need to sail back to Denmark to buy some cheap beer

Comment

I'm with paperairplane, give me weight savings anyday... that and a nice set of ohlins suspension front and rear

Comment

I would have to say B, I would love to have some chrome wheels!

Comment

Working...
                                X