X

How do you look behind you ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you look behind you ?

Always use both mirrors? turn your head as well? With the way mirrors are on many sportbikes, even after you adjust them so you dont see half your elbow in the reflection I always turn my head as well just to be safe. With gear and a full face helmet, u can always turn around too quick to see, but I never trust mirrors alone.
    I use both mirrors and turn my head to make sure before i pass, everytime
    0%
    I use both mirrors and turn my head as well, most of the time
    0%
    Just use both mirrors
    0%
    Just use 1 mirror
    0%
    Just turn my head around and look
    0%
    Look back, who does that? I just go for it
    0%

look back and use mirrors most of the time. Mostly use mirrors, I have them set just right.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Both mirrors,head turn everytime.

I'm paranoid that way!

Buc
      it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
        look back and use mirrors most of the time. Mostly use mirrors, I have them set just right.
        Yeah I had them set just right till I pushed them in while trailering the bike back from the rally, now I cant get them to that just perfect spot anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
          Originally posted by THAZKAT
          Yeah I had them set just right till I pushed them in while trailering the bike back from the rally, now I cant get them to that just perfect spot anymore
          sux don't it, or someone hangs the helmet on and moves one of them
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Always use both mirrors and turn to look. Traffic is too bad where I'm at.

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

I use my mirrors all the time and turn just to check my blind spot most of the time.
              BACK ON A KAT - Anyone can go fast in a straight line......

Comment

The mirrors on my 90 600 are POS(can't see anything but my elbows anyways). So it's always the headturn for me
                -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Both, 98% of the time.

Comment

First I check the mirrors and then do a shoulder check. I never want to take any chances of running into someone.

Comment

As long as I keep my speed above 130, what's behind me doesn't count...
                      Braahahahaha!

At lower speeds, mirrors, with a mental image of where everything is behind me, and then a head-rotate to check just before the final move.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I use my sixth sense .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Mostly mirrors with a quick side glance before changing lanes.

Comment

I use my mirrors and always a head check. Even in the cage.

On a side note, I am going to be having some spacers made up for the mirrors so I can see around my huge shoulders.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

using both mirrors and looking back to check the blind spot is the way it is supposed to be done. it is taught in any msf course and to do it any different is just asking for trouble.

fyi....the mirrors on my kat are great. it is one of the few bikes I have sat on that the mirrors actually allow you to see quite a bit in the rear. I can just see a sliver of my elbow in them. no elbow at all if I just tilt my head a bit.
                              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X