X

what is an 82 1100 kat worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is an 82 1100 kat worth?

when katman05 came down to meet me to go riding, he told me there was an old school kat 1100 for sale just up the road from me. i went and looked at it today and it is in pretty sweet condition. it looks to be 100% stock and original except for a 4-1 exhaust. the asking price is $3300 CDN, but for sure $3k would take it....possibly $2800. I know this is a good deal....but was just wondering if anyone knew roughly what collectors would pay for one. if i buy it, i plan on keeping it for myself, but just curious of the value. 82 is the first year for them, so that alone must have to make it worth a bit more...no?
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

I just sent you a pm to see if you found out more about the bike, I geuss you did. Any pics of her?
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
      I just sent you a pm to see if you found out more about the bike, I geuss you did. Any pics of her?
      going to take some this afternoon...will post them later.

Comment

Blue book:

82 GS1000S Katana 1790USD Retail,
        1175 USD trade in..

83 (first year for 1100 in us I guess)
        940 usd!! trade in!! 1460 retail!! WOW
        Is that because the 83 hasn't hit "classic" staus yet??

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          Blue book:

82 GS1000S Katana 1790USD Retail,
          1175 USD trade in..

83 (first year for 1100 in us I guess)
          940 usd!! trade in!! 1460 retail!! WOW
          Is that because the 83 hasn't hit "classic" staus yet??
          I don't think blue book would apply to this. collectors will pay more...alot more that $940 for sure.

Comment

Mojoe, do I get a finders fee comission?
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

If you ask me, It's worth 30 million dollars. But, uh, I really don't know anything about motorcycles.

Definately would like to see pics though.

Comment

I've seen pristine 80-82 katanas go for anywhere between $2500-5500USD

Comment

I am looking forward to pics...price is a LITTLE high...but not by much for a stock bike.

$2800.00 would be a good price, I would pay that if I sold my Kat first...you want it?

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                    I am looking forward to pics...price is a LITTLE high...but not by much for a stock bike.

$2800.00 would be a good price, I would pay that if I sold my Kat first...you want it?
                    actually, I would like to sell my 93....you want it?

oh....didn't get the pics yet. it was just wet enough outside that i didn't want to bring my digital camera with me. i might go before it gets dark....it has cleared up.

Comment

Working...
                    X