X

damage report and pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damage report and pics

i stopped off at the dealers today to see what it is going to cost roughly for my parts. they could not actually do an estimate cuz i have to make an appointment after the insurance give it a green light to do so.

But here is a rough breakdown:

Lower fairing approx $450 (guy at shop said they would probably just change it cuz it gouged the sticker and the paint....would cost just as much to repair it.

Mirror...$270
    Flasher...$150 (2 pcs...$40 for lens, $110 for falsher unit. the flasher is still good, but it won't be when the adjuster gets here)
    clutch handle...$40
    tail section....around $500

450+270+150+40+500 = $1410

add in labor and possibly a new instrument cluster....cuz it cracked my lens on my clock. not sure if it is a seperate piece or not.

I have all the parts already and they cost me around $250 total on ebay. i guess it pays to think ahead and snag the deals.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

what happened, i must of missed it!! sorry
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

an old lady in a ford escape tried backing into a parking spot that was already occupied with my bike.

Comment

Wow , them's some expensive parts ! Bet she's gonna be feeling REAL stupid when she gets THAT bile !
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          Wow , them's some expensive parts ! Bet she's gonna be feeling REAL stupid when she gets THAT bile !
          I kind of felt bad for the ol' bird. she said that in all her life of driving (she was maybe 70 or so), this was her first accident. i was not the most "calm" person when i came out and saw the bike on the ground. i was swearing alot...bitching about people in cars being f'in blind when it comes to bikes and such. she told the cop that i was very hostile....that my language was very vulgar. he just said that i seem calm now and it would be normal for anyone to see his nice bike like that laying on the ground. i did apologize to the ol' bird for my language....and she said she was extremely sorry for knocking over my bike.
          anyway, shit happens and she is insured.....and i will pocket a grand minimum for my troubles. having a dad who is a licensed collision expert does have it's perks.

Comment

Oh, man, that 2nd pic looks just like my right lower fairing - same spot!

As from what you said, that is enough to have to replace the whole thing? At least yours will be paid for by someone else. I'll just have to live with mine.

Comment

270 $ for the mirror ?????????????????????????????
              Is it gold ?

I just bought one for 17 $

George
              WittyMonkey
              ----------------------------------
              www.bostontechnologies.com

Comment

Originally posted by wittymonkey
                Is it gold ?

George
                Mojoe must be buying it from NASA ...........

Comment

Originally posted by wittymonkey
                  Is it gold ?

George
                  yup....they are extremely expensive. there is no aftermarket mirror for the 89-97 kat....I checked. one can be made to fit, but it requires modifications. the US price for the mirror is like $140US.

Comment

Just goes to show you it doesn't need to be a highspeed crash to add up the $$$ quickly.

Becareful, I don't know what the insurance companies are like in Quebec but I could see them trying to write off the bike if that happened here.

I know a guy with an 89 FZR 400 in mint shape who got knocked over in a parking lot (Honda SUV) with minimal damage and they tried to write off his bike. He fought it and in the end got some cash, but he was very worried for a while they were going to take his baby away.
                    Kyle

Comment

Why is the flasher not going to be any good when the adjuster gets there...?
                      Keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                        Just goes to show you it doesn't need to be a highspeed crash to add up the $$$ quickly.

Becareful, I don't know what the insurance companies are like in Quebec but I could see them trying to write off the bike if that happened here.

I know a guy with an 89 FZR 400 in mint shape who got knocked over in a parking lot (Honda SUV) with minimal damage and they tried to write off his bike. He fought it and in the end got some cash, but he was very worried for a while they were going to take his baby away.
                        actually, that can be a good thing. if they write it off, they have to give you the value of the bike.....which is still $3000 US according to kelly blue book. So it should be safe to say I can get $3k cdn for it. Then you have the option of being the first to buy it back from insurance if you negotiate. after i get it back, I would just slap on my spare parts and take it in to be inspected to go back on the road. so in a sense, it is like selling your bike, but being able to keep it. the insurance doesn't scare me.....i have handled them in the past. my 92 was dumped twice on a flatbed towing because of rotten straps. there was $1700 damage. they dragged it on for about 5 months, but in the end i ended up getting $2400 from them because I added storage of $9 per day...the same amount the towing company charges if they impound your vehicle. I filed a lawsuit and within a week they called me to make it all go away. it was cheaper for them to just pay me off then to pay court fees for a case they couldn't win.

Comment

put your rashed plastics you have from e-bay.....get even MORE $$$$$$$$$$$...damn tourists....bleed them dry so they stay away forever!

Comment

Mojoe, that's brutal, but not uncommom.

BF's Kat was dumped twice in the parking lot of Target by little, old, blue hairs. And once in the parking lot at work by a very contrite co-worker. Stand up guy. Paid for everything. Ask OlderGuy about his run in with a neighbor across the street. She backed out of her driveway, across the street, up his driveway and into his bike. Then drove off.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                              put your rashed plastics you have from e-bay.....get even MORE $$$$$$$$$$$...damn tourists....bleed them dry so they stay away forever!
                              you guys are cruel, people can make errors sometimes, and they will have to pay 4 it, but doesnt mean you should take advantage of them !
                              (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

Working...
                              X