X

Dumped my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumped my bike

I finally did it. First time I've dropped the bike since I got it. Going maybe 25-30 in the parking lot at work, hit the front brakes, and some gravel at the same time, and promptly ate the pavement. I got away with a scraped up arm, and rashed jeans. The bike got a really cracked fairing, bad rash, and a broken brake lever, which I had JUST PUT ON the night before. (carbon fiber look). Oh well. And yeah, I switched jobs, which is the occasion of not knowing the parking lot very well, and also the reason I haven't posted much lately. Just haven't had time. Just wanted to let ya know.

P.S.- [email protected] at the track on Wednesday. It's on video, too.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Bummer . Well , welcome to the club .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

been there...done that.
      Katana 750 2002

Comment

dumped my bike

hey dude thats a nice time for a katana maybe post the video

Comment

Time to look into some new plastics, eh? I may have access to some pre- 98's. I gota look into it more though.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

ouch. that sucks. glad you're ok.

Comment

Yep. thats the story of my life.

Comment

Oh I remember doing that. Trying to put the darn thing on the center stand. What a sad story... Welcome to the club
                I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

been there... a few times.
                  I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                  http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Sorry!! Again, its happened to the best of us.
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

bummer. sorry to hear that.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

That's a real pain in the arse, damn gravel!
                        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Gravel, sand or oil, all of them suck!

There is no more stupid way to go down. Not your fault, nothing that can be done about it most of the time, and even if you were riding carefully, down you go...

At least, if you were pushing the limits, you knew the risk and enjoyed it. But because someone left some gravel, hate it!
                          Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

Sorry to hear....I've had the same thing happen to me.

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

At least you weren't almost stopped at a Stop sign, waiting to turn right to get out of a parking lot, and then the bike fell, and you had to do a quick look around to see if anyone saw you make a fool of yourself, but thanked your stars that it was REALLY early in the morning on a weekend and most people were still asleep .... oh, wait.

Never mind, forget what I said.

Uhh ... ummm... oh, yeah, glad you're (basically) ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X