X

katana 1100 riding position question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana 1100 riding position question

I'm in the market for a sports touring bike and have been considering a katana 1100 for a little while, but haven't found one locally to buy or even sit on to see if I like the feel.
    I've recently went for a test ride on a 1996 buell s2t touring model and I liked the overall position of how I sat on it, and it handled well. It didn't have much top end power but had a nice amount of torque from the engine. The guy's willing to take 2500 on the buell so its a pretty good price for it.
    Basically, what do you guys think about the riding position of the katana 1100 vs the buell s2t or any other sports touring bikes?
    I dont plan on riding across country but also do plan on riding across the state for a full day when weather allows.

Let me know what your opinions are.
    Thanks,
    Brad

I went for a test ride on a Triumph Sprint ST today and feel like my 1100 is a more upright seating position.

Not sure whether that'll help your comparison any, but its the only thing I've ridden aside from the pre-600/750 Kats and my 1100.

My '95 750 I could ride east to west across michigan on, although I'd be glad to need gas and get off the bike for a bit and have a beverage or grab some fast food. My 1100 I can ride across the state without feeling like I need to stop.....I still do have to stop and get gas, but I'm not looking forward to it like I was on the 750, and filling it up and continuing on my merry way doesn't bother me, whereas I always appreciated the break on the 750. The 600s, man, I don't know how you people ride those things. I made it about 20 minutes on my buddy's and couldn't wait to get off.

The ST I liked, I lean a little farther forward on it than on my 1100, but not enough to be uncomfortable and not nearly as much as the 750/600. Just wish the saddlebags were bigger.
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

I can compare the Kat1100 to 2 bikes you are likely to find in your cith:
      Suzuki Bandit 1200- Kat1100 is not much more upright, but is stretched out a bit more.

Triumph ST 955- Kat 1100 is more up right, a little stretched out, but not much.

Hope that helps.
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
      X