X

Fairing bolts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing bolts

When I bought my bike all the plastics were off and the PO did not have the bolts. Where can i find a replacement kit to install the plastics. i know Pro-bolt has them. is there anyother company i can get them from?

Another thing. i need the two gas tank bolts and the rubber underneath. Anywhere I can get those also?

"It is no the speed that kills you. It is the sudden stop." - John Prutzman R.I.P. John.

Me and Cyberpoet were talking about those same bolts at the Gap Rally. I need to get back with him on that. Most industrial nut and bolt suppliers will have them or can get them. They are common metric shoulder bolts. I don't know if the pre 98 bikes are the same though.

Comment

I just looked at pro-bolt and they are 30 something GBP. That comes out to 60 something dollars.

"It is no the speed that kills you. It is the sudden stop." - John Prutzman R.I.P. John.

Comment

That is crazy. Check with some local fastener dealers. There has to be some near you.

Comment

I'm still trying to source the correct shoulder-bolts with no luck (I've found other solutions, such as the right mushroom bolt plus a narrow collar washer). Generally, I'll tell you to go to the same source I do for specialty rubber and specialty bolts for your bike -- your dealer. If you only need a handful of items, it's cheaper to pay dealer mark-up than shipping from other sources. If it's a standard bolt (like the exhaust header bolts), any good mom & pop hardware store or fastner company should be able to satisfy your needs.

On a related note, my muffler bolt went astray somewhere recently and I'll be off to ace hardware to replace it tomorrow... Buy I'll use a nylock nut on the backside this time

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

So basically you are telling me that I can not go out and buy bolts to fit in the place. is it the thread or the size?

And also how about the Gas tank bolts. i need them too.

Comment

You can get bolts that have the right thread and are close enough to the right length usuall sure.. But like CP said, getting one with the right head is the problem, most shops have either large bolt heads, or the flatter rounder heads, both of witch would need a washer and are not the ideal solutions... But they will hold the stuff on there for ya...
              --
              Sagan

Comment

letsride might be able to hook you up..check him out.

Comment

you guys really gotta start paying attention to ebay. over the course of the last year I have picked up fairing bolts, all the rotor bolts for the brake discs, bearings, and all sorts of misc. nuts and bolts....as well as rubber moldings. a large part of it is genuine suzuki, still in the sealed bag. in fact, just this week i sorted it all out in those little space saver things with the little drawers...labeled and all.

ebay search:

fairing bolts
                  suzuki bolts
                  suzuki fasteners
                  bolt kits
                  fairing kits

but then again, it isn't worth it if you only need a few bolts. one of my purchases was a box labeled "misc stuff". it was full of goodies for $15
                  I am set for a while for much of it.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemcw
                    So basically you are telling me that I can not go out and buy bolts to fit in the place. is it the thread or the size?

And also how about the Gas tank bolts. i need them too.
                    For the fairings, it's the shoulder height. You can get bolts readily with the right head and the right shank thread & size; it's that wider offset just under the head of the bolt that is the same thickness as the fairing that's the problem to match.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Home Depot . M4 or M6 X 1-1.5in ., I don't remember which . They have them with allen heads , get those . Get some washers and rubber grommets while you're there . I need some more to , so send me some once you get them . The tank bolts are the same size , just different lengths . The rubbers for the tank though might be harder to come by . I got some from member Special K (PM him for parts , he has 'em) , but I rode without them for a lONG time without incident.
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                      X