X

New bike coming...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bike coming...

Awww...it was going to happen. Time to move on from the Katana. My son-in-law is going to get my '95 600 and I'll be getting a new bike. My daughter rides a 2003 SV650S and her husband is waiting to get out of school (3-4 years away) before getting his bike, so I'm 'giving' him the Kat to use until then, and if he sells it, send me the moola.

So here's my list, what do you people think?

Non-VTEC VFR 800 (1999+)...the dark side.
    ZZR 1200 (kinda BIG but looks like a Katana++)
    2001+ B12S
    Kawasaki Z750S (my favorite but only in the Euro spec black paint...)

Ideas and inputs would really be appreciated!!

I have already eliminated Futuras (too much) and Blackbirds (TOO much), but I really like the Triumph STs, only they are$$$. I need to hang around the 5-6-7K area.

Thanks...
    My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

what about a bandit? Plenty of power there and inexpensive!
    Katana 750 2002

Comment

Out of the bikes you lised, I would go the Kawi ZZR 1200. Man that is a sweet bike. Super Touring bike
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

my brother likes his zzr 1200....it's pretty quick too.

Comment

Personaly I like the VFR. I used to have an older one and I loved it so I geuss I'm a little partial to them.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I like the VFR but the Kawi would be choice #2

Comment

Sport Rider did a comparo last month I think it was with the FJR , ST1300 , and ZZR1200 that you might wanna read . Then there have been a couple articles re the Z750 ( I THINK Motorcyclist did a comparo with a Buell something-or-other last month or so ...) . Haven't read anything more about the B12 than what's been on here , and NOTHING about the VFR really .
              *edit* Here , I dug this one up for ya ...
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Depending on how big you are,the ZZR is an awsome machine,i rode a buddy's and it's so,so,comfortable,smooth and quick.I am only 5' 8, and found it a little too big for me personally,maybe i guy would get used to it, hard too say.Would make a wonderfull tourer,IMO.
                Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

You are a Tiny man Mr. Cracker. I looked at that pic of us at the hanger, I look like a freaking Giant compared to you!!!
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

The mags said only good things about the Z750.
                    It may be alot cheaper to insure compared to your other choices.

Comment

All great comments. I'm a bit on the wee side meself...5'9" and 160 (high school playing weight), so the ZZR is the upper edge of bikes I'd feel comfortable on, but I like the package and pricing so will go ride one.

Here's how they stack right now...

Z750S
                      VFR
                      ZZR
                      B12

I'll hunt down and ride each one. The B12 is on the list in case I come across a midnight blue one!! They are comfortable bikes, but again, a little on the tall side.

Comment

ZZR is a great choice, very comfortable just like the kat, stylish, reliable, and plenty of power. Great choice I like those bikes alot.

A close 2nd is the VFR for me, Ive always had a thing for interceptors, very good long standing bikes.

Comment

Well,
                          Out of your choices all are good bikes. The Bandit is going to be the cheapest of the bunch and has the same basic motor as what you are use to with the Kat, so it is simple to work on. Look at 2003 and newer models only to avoid the oil burning 01 and 02's. This one is the best bang for the buck bike on your list for sure.

Personally, I HATE the Z750S, but that's just me. It makes the Bandit's technology look new by comparison and the suspension is junk. I am NOT comfortable on it and would not come even close to considering it for touring.

ZZR is a GREAT bike. Only thing I don't care for is the factory side bags. The rack that stays on the bike when you remove them is fugly as hell, but there are other side bag options that are better if needed. One hell of a rocket ship touring bike!

The VFR is also an excellent bike, but maintenance issues turn me off the bike. You pretty much HAVE to have it worked on at the stealer. This is a VERY refined bike though. Fit and finish are excellent and the engine is flawless. It's just a bitch to work on.

Up to you bro. I have riden all of them and that is my take.
                          Ron
                          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

how 'bout this one...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just called...the Bandit was sold . Keep lookin...

Comment

Working...
                              X