X

Katana 600 - Second Gear not working

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 600 - Second Gear not working

Alright, I found a bike near me, the mileage is kind of high, and second gear doesn't work. But its only $1000. Seems like a pretty good deal to me, but I figured I'd ask the community first.

I'm pretty worried about the high mileage, but i talked to the guy and he said the bike ran good, he just skips second gear.

Also, is the transmission problem a hard fix? or an expensive one?

Thanks,
    Jacob.

What I've heard is that if 2nd gear is out, the rest are soon to follow. I've also heard that its easier to replace entire engine than fix individual gears because the transmission and engine are integrated.

Someone else with experience can elaborate though.
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

$1000 is pretty steep for a bike with a busted transmission and high miles.

Here, info on the transmission issue: http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-...=katriders.com
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I think I am going to pass up on this bike then.

Comment

lol, I love this line of pure BS

The gear is like 130 bucks to replace i just havnt had time to mess with it not a hard fix.
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

looks a little banged up, I'd skip it cause who knows what else could give on it
            1999 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
            X