Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Originally posted by SweetLou
    Damn you must be a old.
    You know, it's funny... every year I get older, college freshman coeds stay the same age...

=-= The CyberPoet
    Dude, that is so my line!!!!

I actually I say 'No matter how old I get, they keep staying the same age...'

Damnit, now I have to find a new one. You owe me a beer for making me think.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

You can't handle the truth,i mean beer
      Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

The law varies by State, Indiana just passed a law that states if you come to a complete stop and it is clear, you can then proceed through the red light on a motorcycle.

I always had some luck putting the side stand down and tapping it a time or two.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Not all areas use magnetic sensors (a lot of places use piezo-electric sensors, in which case the magnetics do nothing -- but braking hard at the very end of your braking, to force more down-force on the sensor does).
          Most of the ones around here are magnetic, but recently they have started using cameras. They work pretty good as long as the weather's clear.

About the inductive loops: "The most sensitive areas of detection are to either side of the lane, not in the middle."

/kiba
          find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Originally posted by kiba
            Most of the ones around here are magnetic, but recently they have started using cameras. They work pretty good as long as the weather's clear.

About the inductive loops: "The most sensitive areas of detection are to either side of the lane, not in the middle."

/kiba
            From that web page:
            How come the detector won't pick up my motorcycle?

With very small vehicles such as a mo-ped or some motorcycles, the detector may not be sensitive enough to pick it up. ... [snip]...
            While signal staff has not verified it by experiment we have been told by police officers that installing a small loop of wire with several turns (go around in a circle two or three times) about nine inches to a foot in diameter under the frame of the motorcycle parallel to the roadway surface will make the detector work every time.

Naturally, if/when the cable lets go and gets would up in your chain and rear wheel, the resulting spill will make all the cops on duty in Reno laugh their arses off... There's a reason Reno is the mocked police force on Reno 911 (Comedy Central), right?

Hmmm...
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X