X

West Coast Rally

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Coast Rally

WHat happend to that post? Not Going to happen now or what?
    2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
    vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
    JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

We're still here....
    We ride every weekend...
    We'd love to show ya' around...

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
      We're still here....
      We ride every weekend...
      We'd love to show ya' around...
      I think about that now and then.......and the west coast is.......well, BIG. We have so many roads to ride, with many different kinds of rides to be had. And do we do it in Central, north, south? Lots to talk about. Nothing like the Gap, with hotels and cabins.....but we could think of something I am sure.
      1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
      2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
      Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

The actual forums were hidden from view because they werent being used. when an official rally is ready, trust me, you'll know it

Comment

Maybe? http://www.soundrider.com/sbnw/About.htm

Comment

We talked a bit about this at the Rally this year. Just like BearKat said, Cali and the rest of the western states are so big and diverse it's hard to pick a specific region. Every place has great rides.

If it were in SoCal then how could we not hit Palomar? LoCal? Then we miss ACH, GMR, Ortega, and Malibu. You can't do Cali without a trip up PCH. The cool thing about Fontana was everything was located in a central spot within 50 miles PLUS a central resort to stay at.

Then it's the timing. The great attraction of Cali is between Nov - March. Everywhere else is socked in because of winter but we're sunny and 76. A great getaway to get some off-season riding in but how to get the bikes all the way here? The weather is great here but you still have to go through crap in the east just to get out here.

If we could solve that problem my idea is to have a statewide rally/ride, starting in LoCal and ending up in NoCal. Two weeks just like the Gap but collectively stay in a different site every couple of days. We could have a couple of non-riders (bribed family members) tag along in a van or pickup as support to stow gear so we wouldn't be loaded down with everything. That way we could hit all the good stuff Cali has to offer and pick up riders along the way.

I know there are some bugs in this idea but I'm just throwing out suggestions.
            sigpic

Comment

I was thinking of something. what is the riding season like out in cali during the winter? socal stays pretty damn warm, doesn't it? it is too early for me to say I would definately do it, but I would probably be more likely to attend a west coast rallie during the winter and combine it as a winter vacation. i would just rent a bike out there.
              i am not suggesting a shedule change for my uncertainty to even attend, but it might stand a better chance of easterners attending. you know.....fly out for a winter vacation....rent a bike....enjoy the ride. beats the crap outta long-hauling across the nation during a heatwave.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Got so excited, added this to our West Coast Rally (Dreamin) Blog...

Tue 07/26/2005
                A Possible Scenerio!
                Mood: vegas lucky
                Now Playing: It could happen....
                Topic: Lets Get Started!

Ok, The Gap Rally's got me buzzin'
                And I was dreamin.....

Monday: Meet the troops somewhere near there accomodations (Pomona-ish), maybe a nearby Starbucks or something, and wisk them to ACH. its about a 25 mile ride to La Canada. Through the backside AFH to Upper Big Tujunga, ACH to Newcombs Ranch for chow! Back out through ACH...The rest of the day for a theme park or two!
                Tuesday: Gotta be Malibu! A hair-raising canyon ride & the beach!
                Wednesday: Ortega hwy to Palomar! Bravo Burger Bike Night!
                Thursday: Take a break....enjoy the sights....maybe a run out to Borrego Springs for the die-hards! Julian pie & buffalo burgers for lunch!
                Friday: Ojai & Hwy 33 anybody? Hollywood on the way home??? (This would be a loooong one...)
                Saturday: How about a nice beach cruse?
                Sunday: Heck, they're still here!!?? Maybe we could do a big Disney, Knotts, or Magic Mountain thing?

I got goosebumps!!!!!

Comment

Did someone say Vegas????
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    Did someone say Vegas????
                    No we didn't.......West Coast 8)

Comment

I disagree

Dennis said Vegas. I want to go to Vegas damnit!
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I disagree

Dennis said Vegas. I want to go to Vegas damnit!
                        NO, you will not get to go to Vegas...<sigh>...that was his mood on the blog that he copied to show everyone.....he was feeling Vegas Lucky. Okay?.......Its okay Lou, here you want a cookie? No? Oh hey look something shinny. Look its over there. Pretty huh?

Comment

Is it a Vegas nickle? I like shiney things.

i want a hot dog. I taste tuna when I burp, but I haven't had tuna since april. Has anyone seen my cat? I think she fell in the toilet.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Is it a Vegas nickle? I like shiney things.

i want a hot dog. I taste tuna when I burp, but I haven't had tuna since april. Has anyone seen my cat? I think she fell in the toilet.

Comment

Well Dennis, I think you should call that the Cali Rally, cause I don't think many NWers would hit it up do to the same situation we have up here...good roads and good weather.

(and damn my butt would hurt riding alllll the way down there on I-5)

Comment

Working...
                              X