X

Not much luck lately...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much luck lately...

So i have been able to do some running around lately for work (PennDOT) ..and needless to say iv been loving riding the kat and collecting 0.55 cents/ mile . Well i was coming home from work one day and was following behind a suv with a trailer behind it. The trailer was open with about 1ft side walls and about 4ft ramp on the back. the guy was hulling nearly a single 7X5 piece of plywood which i see wobbling just a lil so i back off a decent amount. Before i know it this plywood in flying in the air before my so i hit the brakes, my rear locks up, but god must have been near by because it dropped about 10 ft in front of me so i was able to dodge it..oh and we were goin about 45-50. the damn guy didnt know the thing was gone!
    I got home shortly after still alil shaken up park and get off my bike. Just as i get off still with one hand on the bike it starts to tilt over the opposite side of me..i couldnt stop it (i nearly fell on top of it trying). this happened on the edge of my driveway and grass. broken parts include..busted RT mirror (glass was ok), scratched fairing (cracked slightly), and exhaust. I epoxyed the mirror together and painted it black which didnt turn out too bad till i get another one.
    A day later i park the bike home in the same place go inside for awhile and come out to notice there is an oil leak underneath...SO i take the left siding off and found that it was coming off the crankcase. I think i found that gasket for only $7.35 on bike bandit

yeah dude sorry about that major suck im having bout the same luck as you. Just painted the kat. Not all the parts were on it had the bike by the shop it rained during the night and the ground gave out from under it and fell on its brand new paint job and messed it up. Dont get down get up laugh and go on.
    Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

We've almost all been there are some point
      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Not much luck? Sounds to me like your luck could've been far worse. Glad you're safe, the bike can be fixed much easier and cheaper.

Comment

Yeah, I just spilled a bunch of brake fluid on my paint while replacing a crush washer that was leaking slightly. It's gonna take some buffing to get the paint shiny again.

Just remember, better cosmetic problems than mechanical problems.
          sigpic
          »Ross Wendell
          »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Get the plate and report an improperly secured load. What was the question again?
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
            X